Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Snowboarding Season

Old 12-17-2010, 03:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Snowboarding Season

Whats up fellas? anyway just got off the mountain, or my lame excuse for a one haha, and had a great time. Snowboarding is so similar to riding a bike for me its crazy.... so i am in need of a board and was looking at these two, one burton and one K2. Opinions?

Burton Process V-rocker (also comes in camber for same price)

K2 Raygun

Im staying towards the k2 for all mountain sake, but does anyone ride a rocker? Ive never ridden one hows that compare to camber?

most likely hook it up with some flow bindings or k2 binding with flow design

peace

Old 12-17-2010, 05:58 PM

i ski but im pretty pumped for the season! what mountains do you go to?

Old 12-17-2010, 11:14 PM
July 2010 ROTM

i personally skiboard...but my dad wont ride anything but a ride, he has an old timeless and i dunno the name of his new one, its last years model, ill have to go look, and my sister wont ride anything but a burton.
that prolly doesnt help

the rocker reminds me of my wakeboard-get that one

Old 12-17-2010, 11:41 PM
Official CBRF Decal Man

well I ski also and so I am not much help but we are suspected to get 15ft of snow this week... look up lake tahoe best moutains ever especially olympic valley (squaw valley) where the olympics were not to long ago and will be again soon from what i understand

Old 12-18-2010, 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by Michaud85
i ski but im pretty pumped for the season! what mountains do you go to?
ha more like hills (i mean its ohio, what are you going to do) , but boston mills brandywine in 30 minutes from my house, have big air comps. sometimes and the terrain park keeps me happy. My fam used to have a house in holiday valley though

good news on the snow, the sport brings light to a dull season. We just got around 2' in the past two weeks.

i think k2 it is, i see to many burtons...

Old 12-18-2010, 08:26 AM

i been skiing for like 9 years and last year i just started hitting the park the last 2 times i went last season lol. i can do a 3 and hit rails (dont always make it off) but thats about it.

too bad you arent around more mountains but getting out there is all that counts man.

Old 12-19-2010, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Michaud85

too bad you arent around more mountains but getting out there is all that counts man.
true, my buddy from colorado came out with us today. lol he wrecked our ****. 360 backflip over this nice hip i was like whaaaaat, thats not real. found a nice little ledge today too about 4 feet high.

Old 12-19-2010, 08:58 PM
Official CBRF Decal Man

come to tahoe we got 15ft this week

Old 12-20-2010, 12:02 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

As an old timer and skier, the Burton side cut says more 1/2 pipe and powder. The K2 says more off trail and tighter turns. What do you want to do? If you are seeing more Burtons it's probably because it does what you want it to do in your area. I ski New England with steep, narrow, icy trails and a lot of tree skiing. I tried snowboarding but found out that I'm goofy. My attempts were on a reg board but if I were to go again I would opt for a board more like the K2. If you are spending time in the park and powder days or like GS turns, the Burton looks more like the board for you. Once again, I am looking at the side cuts in the photos. I bet the K2 is more non-directional than the Burton also.

Equipment is hard to figure out until you actually try it. I have been out twice this year on my old Dynastars due to early conditions rather than muck up my new carbon fiber Goode skis. This week I need to be out on the Googes, to see what they are like because I am skiing for a week in Vermont soon. They will either be great or suck.

Old 12-21-2010, 01:31 AM

thanks for the input, i decided to go with the burton because of the reverse camber it has. Im not great at boarding yet, but i already have a feel for air and tricks from skating so i figured im going to get board geared more towards screwing around than all mountain board. i realised i would rather stick to the terrain park and similar runs and deal with the rest of the hill being more difficult.

for now i dont ride much powder, sometimes fake snow, hit the park a couple times a day and the runs with nice launch pads in them

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Snowboarding Season