Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

For Slow drivers

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 12:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: For Slow drivers

Pennsylvania has such a law...just not widely enforced.

http://www.dmv.state.pa.us/pdotforms.../chapter33.pdf

Chapter 33 SubChapter A ยง 3313
(d) Driving in right lane.--
(1) Except as provided in paragraph
(2) and unless otherwise posted, upon all limited access highways having two or more lanes for traffic moving in the same direction, all vehicles shall be driven in the right-hand lanes when available for traffic except when any of the following conditions exist:
(i) When overtaking and passing another vehicle proceeding in the same direction.
(ii) When traveling at a speed greater than the traffic flow.
(iii) When moving left to allow traffic to merge.
(iv) When preparing for a left turn at an intersection, exit or into a private road or driveway when such left turn is legally permitted.

Old 01-10-2008, 01:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good thats my biggest frickin pet peave on the road today...when i'm on a 2 lane highway traveling somewhere and the frickin person in the left lane wont move out of the way. I'm from Illinois and it pains me to say we have THE most ignorant drivers in the world here, because when i'm traveling south as soon as I hit kentucky or tennessee the number of people who do that are a fraction of the ppl who do it here, as a matter of fact the majority of them have Illinois plates!

Old 01-10-2008, 04:24 PM

Its good but that ticket price is waaaaaaaay too much. Thats gonna be some good revenue.

Old 01-10-2008, 04:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As you may know, you guys drive on the other side of the road from us, so here its the left lane that's the slow lane. This state (N.S.W) Has made it an offence, not to keep to the left (unless overtaking) at speeds limits posted above 90 kph (56mph). Although you still get those who's interpretation of overtaking is just to keep staying in that lane. It also gets pretty confusing on a 3 laner, cos the far left is for really slow stuff.
I hate those buggers who stay in the fast lane & totally stuff any chance you may have of actually overtaking quickly & safely. A pox upon their house.

Old 01-10-2008, 06:16 PM

bout time my state did something bout this that just pisses me off when people do this

Old 01-10-2008, 06:27 PM

Everyone thinks that law is awesome.. WRONG!!! Im from oklahoma, and they write tickets for doing 2 over... just seems like a trap job for them to create more revenue and bust more drugs on I40 and I35.... cops there are so militant its stupid!! sure they do some good.. but if your ever driving in oklahoma set the cruise on the speed limit and sit in the right lane..

Old 01-10-2008, 08:15 PM
Retired Moderator

I live in Southern Oregon, but have to travel to the north end of the state for work on a regular basis(Portland). I notice that when someone is going 60 in the "fast lane" and won't move over for miles...they have a Washington state liscence plate. I would love for Oregon to adopt this!!!

Old 01-10-2008, 09:35 PM

okie zac i dunno what part of ok ur from but the highway partrol are the nicest cops around as long as you treat them with respect

Old 01-10-2008, 10:09 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

I live in Southern Oregon, but have to travel to the north end of the state for work on a regular basis(Portland). I notice that when someone is going 60 in the "fast lane" and won't move over for miles...they have a Washington state liscence plate. I would love for Oregon to adopt this!!!
+1

I hate WA state drivers. Everyone likes to park it in the fast lane and pace everyone else. I notice everytime I go on a road trip south. Like to Oregon or CA, everyone seems to stay out of the way. I dont understand why these WA asshats dont get it.

Old 01-10-2008, 10:12 PM
RCR

Like giving out a ticket is going to change their driving habits. I get a speeding ticket and an hour later Im right back at it. WHat are the odds of seeing another cop right away.

I think we should have a system like lazer tag (given to select citizen's like me)and if you get tagged 3 times for the same offence IE: speeding, impeeding traffic, driving a mini van, cutting in line and such you get a ticket in the mail for that offence. Three strikes and your out...

So one day I tag a car for holding up traffic on the freeway and the nextday he gets tagged by another driver for doing the same thing and so on. That would cure alot of bad driving habits.

Quick Reply: For Slow drivers