Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Single Sided Swingarm Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 09:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Single Sided Swingarm Question

Iv got a 98 CBR900RR.The guy I got it from swears up and down that it rolled out of the Honda factory with a single sided swingarm.It looks like the same ones that are on the VFR's.He said only so many of them were made and that the bike is worth some money.Id like to find out if thats true.I dont have the resources to do so.It appears to look orignal on the bike.If you can help me,I would sure appriciate it,thanks.

Old 04-12-2010, 09:28 PM

Can I get $5 bucks worth of what he has been smoking? There has never been a factory equipped single sided swingarm CBR model. That bike has been converted. It probably was done with honda parts from a VFR.
I would tell him he was so full of shyte that his eyes are turning brown.

Old 04-12-2010, 09:49 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

I agree with the fact that is has to be a conversion.... Everyone does make mistakes.... Could be a oops by honda but I doubt it

a friend of mine got ahold of a older proto type camaro that was nnever supposed to be sold.... Needless to say he needed money bad and sold it to a local chevy dealership... Guy that bought it has it on his show room floor and said he will never resell the car (my buddy was looking tto buy it back) so mistakes do happen...

Old 04-12-2010, 10:49 PM
Default Single Sided Swingarm

There is no visible evidence of a conversion.I dont know much about them but theres no brackets or extra parts.He also said they only made 1000 of them.Id take a picture of it but its getting some work done to it.It looks like it was made that way.The rear part of the frame that would hold a double swingarm isnt there.

Old 04-13-2010, 07:53 AM

So you come to a forum where everybody owns CBRs of all descriptions, ask a question and disregard the answer...pffft.
IT DID NOT LEAVE THE FACTORY THAT WAY. If there were 1000 of them produced there would be many examples here. It is a popular conversion and looks great when done.
The visible evidence of the conversion is it has a sigle sided swingarm.
You don't have to believe me- contact honda and try to look it up through them. Good luck.

Old 04-13-2010, 09:09 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

the 900RR bolts right up to a single sided swing arm, That is why it looks factory no mods are needed to take the interceptors swing arm and put it on the 900RR. I have personally seen my friend do it at his shop on his 900RR. It's cool be happy ..

but it's not stock lol

Old 04-13-2010, 10:11 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

Originally Posted by RojerLockless
the 900RR bolts right up to a single sided swing arm, That is why it looks factory no mods are needed to take the interceptors swing arm and put it on the 900RR. I have personally seen my friend do it at his shop on his 900RR. It's cool be happy ..

but it's not stock lol

not to thread jack but lockless hows ur conversion coming along?

Old 04-13-2010, 10:23 PM
Default Single Sided Swingarm

Thanks for the advice yall.How would I go about getting ahold of Honda.Do you happen to know the web address?Like I was sayin,I dont know a whole lot about bikes.All I know is what I was told.The guys never lied to me,but maybe someone lied to him where he got it,cause he never said anything about where he bought it.Im gonna still do a little more investigating but without that web address Im at a dead end for now.

Old 04-13-2010, 11:00 PM

Try Honda.com... they have a "contact us" link.

Old 04-14-2010, 02:01 AM

This cat has a pair of stone on him/her. Doubting 'red' blooded Honda enthusiasts.

Quick Reply: Single Sided Swingarm Question