Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

signature banner help?

Old 05-09-2006, 02:27 AM
Retired Mod
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default signature banner help?

first off, i am not looking for someone to design a signature banner for me. i appreciate everyone who helps out other members, but i want to learn to do it myself. and that leads me to my questions. what programs are you using to create these things? is it software that needs to be purchased or is it already on my pc with the pre-installed software (i have the normal stuff). so any help from you experienced visual design guys would be great.

one more question. to add a pic to your signature you need to link to it. where is the best place to upload this banner for linking.

thanks for the help guys!

Old 05-09-2006, 02:37 AM
Default RE: signature banner help?

I used photoshop to make mine, I downloaded it from a torrent site so I wouldn't have to pay for it(and by that I mean I bought it legally in a store, lol)
I suck at photoshop though, so I can't really help you make out with that but I'm sure somebody here will

I use http://www.imageshack.us/ its free, easy and there isn't a bandwidth limit so your pics always gonna be there

Old 05-10-2006, 06:02 AM
Retired Admin

I use photshop[ as well. I have done alot of work with it and can help if you get into a jam but for you to get good with it go buy a photshop book. It would be tough to describe alot of things on here, you will need to use layers and color management and ect.... you can download it online, torrent sites are good like bitorrent or use limewire, ect..... once you got it there are also sites online that will teach you how to use it.......photoshoptechniques.com is great.

As for hosting the file there are tons of places. **************, putfile.com, photobucket.com. That should get you started and they are all free.....then you need to learn some basic html in order to work with those files.....most sites will write the code for you as well. It is addicting if you are interested in that sort of thing, just play with it and you will learn lots of things. I have been working with it for 12 years now and still learn new things all the time. look for photshop cs, it is the newest version.....have fun, let me know if I can help further................

[8D]

Old 05-10-2006, 10:02 AM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

If you want something free with most of the power of photoshop any regular joe would ever need, try The Gimp. I've been a photoshop user for almost 10 years (I've still got my ps3 disk for Windows 3.11! How lame is that?) and it's been a while since I poked around for some good tutorial spots, but right off the bat I'd recommend:

a) Do a Google search for Photoshop Tutorials
b) Check out Deviantart's tutorial base

Most tutorials you'll find will only be step-by-step instructions to achieve a specific effect. Learning how the program operates and using those features in combination to accomplish what you conceive; well there's only one way to do that.

Old 05-10-2006, 01:39 PM

photoshop is a great program. it is what I use,

Old 05-10-2006, 10:55 PM

i downloaded photoshop cs but the problem arises when the 30 day trial is over and you have to activate it. the downloaded one i got said it was cracked but either it isn't or i don't know how to properly install it. any help?

Old 05-11-2006, 05:22 PM
Retired Admin

there should be a readme file in what you downloaded. That will walk you through what you need to do to crack it, typicay a scripting change or root change, they will walk you through how to do it...