Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Shure E2C vs. Bose triport buds

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 12:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shure E2C vs. Bose triport buds

I need some new headphones for my iPod, and thought I might go high-end since I listen to it so much. I was thinking about the Shure E2C or the Bose Triport. Anyone have an opinion on either of these? Or maybe some other upper-end buds I might consider? I am pretty sure I want in-ear buds because I'm used to them already, and I like their small size and portability. Thanks in advance!

Old 11-21-2006, 12:55 AM
Default RE: Shure E2C vs. Bose triport buds

I'm in the same boat. I'm a big BOSE fan. (Computer, TV, and Car)
Interested in some feedback.

[sm=feedback.gif]

Old 11-29-2006, 07:17 PM

I picked up some Ultimate Ears super.fi 3 Studio earbuds today. I like them ok for sound, but I hate the way they fit in my ears. I was riding my bike when I bought them, and the receipt must have flown out of my back pocket while on the way home because I can't find it. Since I don't have the receipt I can't take them back or exchange them. Anyone wants them, I'll take $50 for them. I still have the case and user's manual. I hate to lose so much money on them, but I just don't like them. Any takers PM me!

Old 11-29-2006, 08:14 PM

i have the bose sound dock and it sounds GREATTT

Old 11-29-2006, 09:25 PM

I know it sounds great, but this is a thread about headphones...

Old 11-29-2006, 10:26 PM

i have shure e3c's, they isolate noise pretty damn well but the bass is TERRIBLE. they claim the bass is "accurate" now im no audio professional, but **** i listen to music to get into it not to necessarily hear every single frequency possible. i wouldnt recommend the shure's unless you know you like that kind of thing. the ultimate ears got better reviews for low end response, but i havent been able to try them out.

Old 12-01-2006, 03:57 AM

ORIGINAL: angryscientist

i have shure e3c's, they isolate noise pretty damn well but the bass is TERRIBLE. they claim the bass is "accurate" now im no audio professional, but **** i listen to music to get into it not to necessarily hear every single frequency possible. i wouldnt recommend the shure's unless you know you like that kind of thing. the ultimate ears got better reviews for low end response, but i havent been able to try them out.
I have the e3c's as well....the speakers are so tiny its hard to get lots of bass...but music isnt just bass...if you have the headphones seated in your ear properly bass is just fine and you will hear thing you never knew were there before...they get my vote...havent tried riding with them yet though...they do block out quite a bit of sound though....something like 30dbs....

Old 12-01-2006, 01:52 PM

Thanks for the advice! The ultimate ears don't have good enough bass response for me either. Now, I don't want to bump in my ears, but I do want accurate reproduction of what was meant to be heard, whether it's Jack Johnson or 50 Cent. To make matters worse, the ultimate ears won't fit under my helmet like the original iPod buds do.