Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Shoulder/Accident UPDATE

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 05:03 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shoulder/Accident UPDATE

Ok. First things first. I am a little doped up on muscle relaxers and vic's right now. So if most of this does not make since, I apologize.

Just got home from the doc's office and they said I have what looks like a severe sprain/seperated shoulder. I have to return in a couple days to get further x-rays and a possible MRI after the swelling goes down.No breaks, which is good I guess.

This morning I had to return to the corner I went down on yesterday to look it over a little closer. I was in a hurry to get out of there yesterday. I originally thought that a truck had spilled or lost some gravel. But what I found was a little more disturbing. It looks like someone had driven their truck off to the inside of the shoulder and pointed the rear end toward the road and did a big *** burnout in the dirt/gravel area of the shoulder. Thus spraying the road with dirt and gravel. NOT COOL!!!! Not sure if it was intentional or just someone having fun and notrealizing the danger they hadcreated.

Never the less, as I stated before. I should have done a quick survelance run before jumping all over it. This is a road that I travel often. I often use this road to scrub in new tires. Quite, long, no driveways, just a nice combo of twisties andsweepers. I had just gone down this road last week and it was clear. Oh well, lesson learned.

Thanks to all for listening to me whine about my experience. I am going to go to bed and watch tv and try not to drool all over myself.[8D]

Vicoden ving ving ving!

Old 03-25-2008, 05:09 PM
Default RE: Shoulder/Accident UPDATE

Which road were you on? Was it the one that heads from Fall City up to Snoqualmie falls?

Old 03-25-2008, 05:09 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well sounds like you're gonna live

i will admit i dont do a quick run through my fun roads before letting loose. i came around a turn one time during a group ride and there was a dead chicken in the road!

how's the bike looking? any idea what you're gonna have to pay?

Old 03-25-2008, 05:13 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: CBRCRF

Which road were you on? Was it the one that heads from Fall City up to Snoqualmie falls?
No it was the road that branches off of that one right there at the Snoqualmie Falls Lodge. It kinda heads SE. I think its called Tokul Hill Rd..?..

I was talking to my buddy at University Honda today, and his manager said he went down on the same corner a few years back. I guess its a popular local parts distributing corner for some. He mentioned that he know's allot of guy's who have gone down on that same bend.

Old 03-25-2008, 05:20 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: jaynd

how's the bike looking? any idea what you're gonna have to pay?
Not sure exactly what the cost is going to be yet.
I know I will need atleast:

Forks
Triples Upper/Lower (Maybe)
Wheel
Plastics (upper,mids,lower & tank cover) Tail made it out without a scratch.
Brake lever.
Left mirror
Windscreen
Probably a few hoses here and there.

All in all I think both the bike and myself walked away pretty lucky. Could have been worse considering the circumstances.

Old 03-25-2008, 05:25 PM

Well Ive got my stock windscreen you can have (If it fits). And Im getting new levers somy stockersare yours too if you want.

Old 03-25-2008, 06:07 PM

Ahh good to hear DWs. But ain't a shoulder a b**ch! ... gezz i'm going through these pills like a ***** the day after with her morning pills.

Old 03-25-2008, 07:30 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: crashkhanman

Ahh good to hear DWs. But ain't a shoulder a b**ch! ... gezz i'm going through these pills like a ***** the day after with her morning pills.

Yes it is! I am always amazed at how much of a body part you take for granted until you are unable to use it do to pain.

Old 03-25-2008, 11:57 PM

yep..when i wrecked in september i messed mine up..found out today that i gotta have 2 surgerys to fix it..begining may 5th.