Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Should I buy a truck?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 02:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I buy a truck?

Okay well a little back ground, i have a Dodge srt4 and i like it i really do but it's got like 45k miles on it and keeps having little issues the main prob is i owe like 18 on it and it's only worth like 11-12 so thats about 6 grand neg i owe.... anyways i'm looking at getting a 06Dodge 2500 3/4 ton truck.... it's quad cab 4x4 short bed and is normally about 35 grand... well dodge is having a massive rebate of like 13000 on the price of the truck so i could get it for 21k even with my NEG i would still be below msrp plus it's new and comes with a warranty... I need something to carry my bike around in...

i guess my question is should i do it. would this be cool to take off road everynow and again plus load the bike up. How many of you guys drive trucks?

Old 04-17-2007, 03:28 PM
Default RE: Should I buy a truck?

First of all pickups (its not a truck) are meant to be taken off road. That is their purpose in life, not to be driven by soccer moms every day to school.

Buy a pickup! I loved my first pickup (90 chevy, reg cab, long box). Just make sure it matches your bike for when you are taking it to the track.

Old 04-17-2007, 03:39 PM
TEN

I have a truck, a big one... I love it. If that is what you are interested in, then go for it. The deal you were talking baout soundsa little too good to be true though, honestly. You might want to look into it. They are going to eat your negative equity in your truck during a trade in, AND give you a $35K truck for $21K??? Don't get me wrong, if there is some way to get out from under that negative equity then hells yes, do it....but it sounds a bit strange.

Trucks are they way to go though...get it lifted...the bigger the better!!!!

Old 04-17-2007, 03:43 PM

don't do it. don't buy a dodge, i had a buddy that owned a 05 dodge 1500 quad cab. he had problems with a bunch of stuff and it was still new. think about why there taking off 13,000. it's probably worth even less.

Old 04-17-2007, 03:46 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

i told ya to get a truck a long time ago before you got the tahoe lol , and then the evo, then the gto, and now the magnum and the srt4 .

Old 04-17-2007, 03:49 PM

ORIGINAL: TEN

I have a truck, a big one... I love it. If that is what you are interested in, then go for it. The deal you were talking baout soundsa little too good to be true though, honestly. You might want to look into it. They are going to eat your negative equity in your truck during a trade in, AND give you a $35K truck for $21K??? Don't get me wrong, if there is some way to get out from under that negative equity then hells yes, do it....but it sounds a bit strange.

Trucks are they way to go though...get it lifted...the bigger the better!!!!

well the truck is 36k msrp.... then 15100 in rebates and incentives so total cost of the truck would be 21ish plus my 6 grand from the neon... so about 28,000 .... does this make more sense.... i really don't know what to do it's hella big and 4x4 so sick!!

Old 04-17-2007, 03:50 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

so why dont we go down and check i tout after you get off work and see what they will say

Old 04-17-2007, 03:56 PM

ORIGINAL: HAVOC

so why dont we go down and check i tout after you get off work and see what they will say
yea i'm going today after work somemore i also gotta get my srt back to stock

Old 04-17-2007, 04:01 PM

Do you need a 3/4 ton pickup? Why buy that big of truck if you don't need it. It will eat more gas, wear out tires fast(truck tires are not cheap), and if you live in a big city they can be a pain in the *** to park. I am a truck driver for a living so i know a little about trucks. If you don't need to haul anything super heavy than i would suggest a 1/2 ton or small pickup. I drive a toyota tacoma. it gets about 20-22 mpg on the highway and no less than 17 in town. It's 4-wheel drive. I can haul my bike no problem and small trailers. I know the big truck are the cool thing. Thats just my opionion. My parents have a 1/2 ton chevy extended cab and i love riding in it,but it sucks to park in the city. thats my 2 cents man

Old 04-17-2007, 07:44 PM

i have a 2006 GMC and i love it. I am not a dodge fan but if you like it and it makes sense to you go for it, thats all that matters. I would suggest a GMC or Chevy before dodge but thats my opinion. Good Luck. If you decide to buy it, I am sure you will love it.

Quick Reply: Should I buy a truck?