Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Shooting down a satellite is dumb

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 11:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shooting down a satellite is dumb

That is a map of current space debris being tracked.

That right there is a picture of a speck of paint that slammed into the space shuttle windsheild caused by a previous mission years prior. A speck of paint.

Now my point: Shooting down a satellite is stupid. Seriously. "It could land in a populated area"

Hello? They crashed MIR into the planet. They knew exactly where it was going to land. As a matter of fact, taco bell put a target out in the middle of the ocean. If Mir hit the target (the space station would melt to the size of a washing machine by the time it contacted the water), Taco bell would buy everyone a free taco on the planet. That was about 6 billion tacos.

Can't we find out where the satellite will land? Most of the planet is ocean. Seriously.

No sense in creating more debris. We're ruining the future of space travel with this one...

Just my 2 cents...

Old 02-18-2008, 11:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Shooting down a satellite is dumb

Paint specks are scary!

Old 02-18-2008, 11:11 PM

I see debri shooting off in all directions hitting other sats.

I need to look up the taco bell thing. I wanna say it was close.

They want to shoot it cause it has hazardouse chit on it. Of course these days what doesnt have some hazardous chemical on it.

Old 02-18-2008, 11:16 PM

ORIGINAL: rangerscott

They want to shoot it cause it has hazardouse chit on it. Of course these days what doesnt have some hazardous chemical on it.
i say we bite the bullet and let it crash. i think we're ruining the future with this one. It's the orbital chaos theory. we knew it's been crashing for over a year. couldn't we send a shuttle to intercept? shuttle has done top secret missions in the past.

"well it's got spy **** in it and we don't want other countries to get a hold of it"

again, Mir was the size of a washing machine when it hit. what's the problem?

Old 02-18-2008, 11:21 PM

ORIGINAL: FLYOU

ORIGINAL: rangerscott

i say we bite the bullet and let it crash. i think we're ruining the future with this one. It's the orbital chaos theory. we knew it's been crashing for over a year. couldn't we send a shuttle to intercept? shuttle has done top secret missions in the past.

"well it's got spy **** in it and we don't want other countries to get a hold of it"

again, Mir was the size of a washing machine when it hit. what's the problem?

Chemical ****. Would you rather have it in the ocean/land or flying thru space? Most of it if not all chemicals should vaporize or freeze. The only part is you cant control where the crap is gonna go. So they could blow it up and the chit just ends of sprinkling us. Thats if the chemicals survives thousand degree heat while entering the atmosphere.

That maybe it, they want to try to vaporize what they can with a missle and then what ever is left will vaporize while entering. If they just leave it alone the thing could hold together and become a tomb and then open up when hitting the earth.

Old 02-18-2008, 11:25 PM

I am so confused. Why does anyone care?

Old 02-18-2008, 11:26 PM

Are we supposed to be worried about specks of paint hitting other space ships or chemicals killing us?

Old 02-18-2008, 11:26 PM

ORIGINAL: demonchild

I am so confused. Why does anyone care?

Cuase it could be 9/11 times a thousand.

Old 02-18-2008, 11:27 PM

or something different altogether and I completely missed the point of this thread?

Old 02-18-2008, 11:28 PM

ORIGINAL: demonchild

or something different altogether and I completely missed the point of this thread?

It could land on your head and the chemicals would make your have mutant offspring.

Quick Reply: Shooting down a satellite is dumb