Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Shining Moments In Awesomeness

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 05:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let's see, I've had my magna on the center stand to take the front tire off not thinking about how the weight was still on the front tire even while on the center stand. Somehow when I pulled the tire off the whole bike went forward, both side of the forks hit about the same time, slid a few inches and the bike stayed up. I on the other had had to go change my draws.

I've also managed to run off the side of the road, at low speed, with no other can really around me. I think I just freaked out and managed to lock up the front wheel, but I'm not 100% about that.

Other then that I stall all the friggen time, it's a little diffrent to start out on the f2 compared to my Magna.

Old 03-11-2009, 09:30 PM

Hmmm...I've been driving stick for a while now and I started out learning how to drive on a stick before auto so before I bought my first bike everyone was talking about how I'd pop a wheelie and die or stall hard and THEN pop a wheelie and die -_- However, I was pretty confident in my clutch control abilities since I stalled only once or twice while in a car and I don't even have to give it gas to start off, just clutch control, but that's besides the point. I had underestimated the sensitivity of the throttle so when I first got on my bike, I was scared ****LESS that I was indeed going to pop a wheelie. It would've helped if someone had reassured me that a wheelie at such low rpms wasn't possible lol, but I did not have that luxury. So, I was being SUPER careful not to wheelie and was trying to start the bike off at around 500 rpms for my first ride, and after weeks of saying I wouldn't stall, I proceeded to stall about 10 times in a row in front of everyone that came with me to pick up my bike -_- I guess that's what I get for being so cocky.

Old 03-12-2009, 01:47 PM

lol at some of the stories, I haven't had a laces problem yet but you better bet your butts i'm going to check them every time from here on out!

Old 03-12-2009, 01:58 PM

Honking the horn when attempting a signal is a classic one. I'm sure many have had this happen.

I also think it's embarrassing when you go to wave to the guy on the scooter and he snubs you. Or even worse...when SHE snubs you.

Old 03-12-2009, 02:21 PM

Oh i got a couple good ones for ya haha

1. I had just bought my bike. It's a 2006 cbr600rr, first bike and had only been riding for a total of like 2 weeks. My buddies and I were down at our shop and My buddy, who has been riding at this point for about 2 yrs, took my bike out on a lil ride and came back with this kid on a 2001 kawasaki. He says he wanted to race so he jumped on his bike a KZ 900 LTD. So i was like awesome this will be my first chance to race some other than my buddy. So we go out and we do a couple races from a roles and I just **** rape 'em both. My buddy goes ok now from a dig ( lets keep in mind I have never watch,learn,knew anything about launching a bike) so i figure ok just like a car. Staul it up drop the clutch....BAD IDEA!!!!! I pull the clutch in rev it to about 8 grand and drop the clutch. Bike wheelies up on me and i hang on and try to set it down and nope bike fell over and broke the stator cover and oil goes all over the road. What an Idiot...better part was I was waiting to go on a date and now was all dirty and had blood on me....still went on the date hahaha

2. this one just happened the other day. I have this problem of when i get into my the throtle retarded I will sometimes short shift from 1st to neutral. Again I was out riding with my buddy and he has his KZ. We pull up to this light next to a tahoe with like 4 hotties in it and some d-bag driving. My buddy and I start reving up the bikes retarded (making sure we draw a lot of attention to ourselves) the we start hearing this tahoe stauling up so we were like "OK ****** you wanna race huh?" Light turns green and we both lauch out retarded. Im tucked in and my shift light comes on and i shift to second and hammer the throttle only problem was i was in neutral and my rpms shoot stupid high so I sit up like wtf and then realize whats goin on and I shift to second and hammer the throttle and forgot to tuck back in and the when i got into it, it looked like I was gonna fall off the bike. I felt so dumb.....needless to say i did about 10oish to get out of there so i wouldnt have to pull up next to them again haha

Old 03-12-2009, 03:40 PM

Wow LOL I'm too scared to even try racing someone from a dig

Old 03-12-2009, 07:56 PM

haha its not bad you just gotta slip the clutch out

Old 03-12-2009, 08:35 PM

I am a EMT and as one would guess I see some stuff!

I remember my first call- Dispatched to a MVA (motor vehicle accident), we get there and a drunk driver had rear-ended another car. The drunk was a frequent flier but like I said, it was my first day so I had no idea. My partner tells me to go check him out. I start walking up to his car and his driver side door is opened and he is kinda slumped over with his legs out. My partner and the cops are standing aways behind me with their arms crossed (which should of thrown up red flags but didn't). Well long story short, the guy tackles me and we are both rolling around on the side of this busy road. The cops, my partner, and the spectators in their cars that decided to stop were all histerically laughing while this old drunk is owning me. After about 10 minutes of this, the cops finally come over and detain him (whats worse is they know him on a first name basis). Lets just say I have yet to live that down.

As far as a bike story: I didn't lay it down because of my laces, but on a first date we went riding in the mountains and decided to stop in a little cutoff on the road. When I went to put my leg down I didn't see the gravel in the cutoff. My foot slipped on the gravel and the bike went down in slow motion. We both had a good laugh from it but I was so embarassed cause it was the first date.

Old 03-13-2009, 02:33 PM

haha did you get some sypathy sex once she found out how much the bike costs lol

Old 03-13-2009, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by rrspeedster88
haha did you get some sypathy sex once she found out how much the bike costs lol
Even better: She married me. It didn't even scratch anything cause I had sliders on but my face was red for the rest of the date.

Quick Reply: Shining Moments In Awesomeness