Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Sell the bike to help pay for a car?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 09:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hear the arguement...yes..

For my car, its the only car ive driven since high school. I lowered the suspension 2" and put 40 series tires on it, it handles like a top. but you can also feel every bump and crack in the road. The stereo could also rattle your brains so much that you feel light headed. Its not a maintenence nightmare, nor is it bad on gas...when i was driving 2 hrs to work on the highway it was getting ~42 mpg..not too shabby.

Im getting older, and just want a nice car to leave mostly stock, and not get stuck in the snow up in Maine when i work there. By mostly stock, i mean im not touching the drivetrain or suspension. Only plans are spt intake,alpine touchscreen deck, small powered sub, replace speakers. I want good frequency range like my saturn has, just nothing ridiculous in the trunk.( Im thinking just a little basstube or a basslink). Maybe ill even get a fairly quiet catback... Thats it! Then leave it alone.

Reason i want the car is its been the one i want for a looong time! Im finally graduating and going to be making decent money. I dont have a house payment or any other bills besides student loans, so i figured now is the right time to get it all paid for before a house, marriage , and 2.5 kids...

Old 05-04-2011, 09:55 AM

So i think whats going to happen is... If need be that i sell the bike, i will. Then buy a 600rr in the fall once i build up some funding. Most likely, the f4i will stay around for a little while longer.

I'll look into the credit union thing too, thanks!

Old 05-04-2011, 10:02 AM

Get a credit card as well. Put money on it every month. Don't go above 30% of your available credit and pay it off in full every month.

If you can get into a credit union. Navy Federal, Local, whatever - I would get one of their credit cards to start. Discover also offers good cash back rewards and has a student credit card available if you have any sort of trouble being approved for one.

That will help build your credit rating.

Old 05-04-2011, 10:34 AM

I realized a long time ago after i bought an expensive car and needed to get rid of the bike because I was strapped on cash that an econobox for commuting and 1 or even 2 bikes in the stable is way better than a nice car and no bikes.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:46 PM

well if you have always wanted one for a long time go for it! i understand that sentiment. if you miss the bike you can always get another one anyways. good luck red99

Old 05-04-2011, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by redzintimidator
I hear the arguement...yes..

For my car, its the only car ive driven since high school. I lowered the suspension 2" and put 40 series tires on it, it handles like a top. but you can also feel every bump and crack in the road. The stereo could also rattle your brains so much that you feel light headed. Its not a maintenence nightmare, nor is it bad on gas...when i was driving 2 hrs to work on the highway it was getting ~42 mpg..not too shabby.

Im getting older, and just want a nice car to leave mostly stock, and not get stuck in the snow up in Maine when i work there. By mostly stock, i mean im not touching the drivetrain or suspension. Only plans are spt intake,alpine touchscreen deck, small powered sub, replace speakers. I want good frequency range like my saturn has, just nothing ridiculous in the trunk.( Im thinking just a little basstube or a basslink). Maybe ill even get a fairly quiet catback... Thats it! Then leave it alone.

Reason i want the car is its been the one i want for a looong time! Im finally graduating and going to be making decent money. I dont have a house payment or any other bills besides student loans, so i figured now is the right time to get it all paid for before a house, marriage , and 2.5 kids...
Plan on having a midget?

Old 05-04-2011, 01:44 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

At least get a couple of those new paychecks under your belt before running off and spending them.

Kinda sounds like my pipeliner/oil rig worker friends - they get a job, go and spend a ton of $$$ to live like the rest of their buddies, (f250, camper, then end up having all that debt to pay off for their hard work.)

Old 05-04-2011, 03:00 PM
August 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by cynicalrider
Plan on having a midget?
She will be cute midget who loves bike just like me

Old 05-04-2011, 04:24 PM

You're not a midget Yum, you're just vertically challenged. :P

Old 05-04-2011, 04:35 PM

I might be able to get a few paychecks before getting a car, problem is i need a car to get the paychecks. Catch 22.

i dont know whatchya look like yet...so i cant say if it would be cute like you.lol

The gf is asian so the midget will be half asian..lol

Quick Reply: Sell the bike to help pay for a car?