Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Securing your bike

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 02:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Securing your bike

suck, i was going to say you dont have garages at your apts? i pay $60 a month to store my bike, also to have a place to work on it. man, you must have really dropped that thing. how about story time? glad you're ok and were wearing a lid.

Old 04-25-2006, 04:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I keep mine at a friend garage. But during the riding months me and a buddy get a storage space and split the cost. See if there is one in your area that offers 24 hour access or just speak to the manager request it. Sometimes if you explain your situation they give you 24 hour access.
I live in an apt and there is no way I'll live it outside. I have a good friend of mine bike was stolen within a month (18 days to be exact)! I learned my lesson after that.

Old 04-25-2006, 05:51 PM

This same question was asked on the boards a few weeks back.

Old 04-27-2006, 11:56 AM
jim

Dude I feel gutted for you, its a shame that you have to put up with thieving little sh*ts in your neighbourhood, I would suggest doing what a few people have done and invest in a garage.

I personally have the same problem as you I live in a shared house that is no where near any rental garages and my neighbourhood that is rife with annoying kids that steal everything and anything (if its nailed down the would steal the nails as well).

I have invested in a ground anchor, a big chunky chain/padlock, I have also data tagged the bike and I park the bike within line of site of my rooms window, when I visit my missus in London I chain the bike to the railings and disconnect the battery and put a cover over it.

Even though I do all this I am still aware that if some thief wants to steal my bike and im not there then it will go..... its a bit depressing really!

Regards

Jim

Old 04-27-2006, 01:47 PM

i live in an apartment and i park it in the front of my parking space then park my car behind it. i also keep it covered.

Old 04-27-2006, 04:05 PM

I use to put my bike in my bedroom with me, but for some reason my girl was getting mad saying some thing like it is taking up to much bed space. geeezzz like she needs to sleep in the same bed with me and my bike. pttth women.. lol..

on the real, out went to lawnmower, in went the bike in the garage.

Old 04-27-2006, 09:04 PM

I have a nice alarm on mine, if you breath on it to hard it'll go off. but that only works if someone actually pays attention to alarms going off in parking lots. i've had the locks that go on the wheels, but all someone has to do is pick the thing up and throw it in the back of the truck and worry about the lock later. ur best bet would prolly be to get an alarm on it (cuz it'll usually scare the person away, but not necessarily) and chain it up somewhere if you can. they make some real heavy duty ones that would take so long to cut through that they'd never get away with it fast enough with the alarm going off too.

Old 04-28-2006, 12:52 PM

thats way to much work.. i say we just set up some bran new cbr 1000's, put them where they are most likely to get stolen and then shoot anyone that attempts it. we can get .22 bullets for .02 cents apice... and then theifs would be to scared to try and steal bikes. alright shooting them is a bit mean... so metal baseball bats would be alot more fun anyway.

Old 04-28-2006, 01:18 PM

I just bought the internatrix alarm, and I plan on buying a cover, a HUGE *** chain(like a cruiseliner anchor chain, 5in wide hardened steel links) and parking my car behind it. Then full coverage because it's not if it will get jacked, its when.

Old 04-28-2006, 09:29 PM

ORIGINAL: Black

I just bought the internatrix alarm, and I plan on buying a cover, a HUGE *** chain(like a cruiseliner anchor chain, 5in wide hardened steel links) and parking my car behind it. Then full coverage because it's not if it will get jacked, its when.
I was thinking of locking my bike to my car to the tow link.. but than again my bikes wrecked so I can't do much until she's ready to be ridden again.

Quick Reply: Securing your bike