Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Securing your bike

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 01:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Securing your bike

What is the best way to secure your bike if your living in an apartment type enviornment? I mean I've gotten 2 bikes stolen from me before, one locked and one unlocked. One came back to me, and the other was GONE forever.

I'm guessing there's no real way to secure a bike in a parking lot even with the brake locks and chains... am I right?

Maybe someone can give tips on best ways to secure a bike....

Old 04-21-2006, 02:11 PM
Default RE: Securing your bike

I would maybe think about a 300 alarm or maybe even parking it elsewhere.I used to apartment dwell and actually rented a small storage unit for my bike.I know it seems pricey but it evens out.39 a month/480 a year or another stolen machine.I noticed u said you had a disc brake lock and it was stil stolen.Why not invest in a XENA.Best of luck.

Old 04-21-2006, 02:44 PM

There is no 100% way to prevent it from being stolen or messed with.

Having said that, do as much as you can. The harder you make it, the better your chance is that the thief will move on to an easier target. In addtion to locks and alarms, consider a cover too. If they can't see it they are less likely to be tempted to steal/mess with it.

Old 04-21-2006, 03:01 PM

Thanks.. I'll probably end up storing my bike at a public storage place. Make it steal proof.

Old 04-21-2006, 08:40 PM

A cover is a great idea. If you can find a place to put it that is enclosed I woudl say that would be your best bet. Best of luck

Old 04-21-2006, 09:25 PM

Ditto on all the above replies.

Old 04-22-2006, 12:11 AM

An alarm with a 2way transmitter to notify you when it's being tampered with,a Dog,and a pistol.

Old 04-24-2006, 04:28 PM

i live in a town house with a big slidding glass back door every night i ride the bike around back and pull it into the living room i think it adds something to the over all atmosphere of the living space haha

Old 04-24-2006, 04:33 PM

ORIGINAL: plasteredbassist

i live in a town house with a big slidding glass back door every night i ride the bike around back and pull it into the living room i think it adds something to the over all atmosphere of the living space haha
YES! I used to do the same thing when I lived in an apartment, everyone always made fun of me.. They'd walk in and there's my bike behind the couch..

Old 04-24-2006, 08:02 PM

ORIGINAL: Adam1000rr

ORIGINAL: plasteredbassist

YES! I used to do the same thing when I lived in an apartment, everyone always made fun of me.. They'd walk in and there's my bike behind the couch..
I would do this, but the management already told me at the beginning of the lease that says I can't store a bike inside the apartment.. bummer. Anywho, I've already wrecked my bike so there's no need to store it now. Gonna have to replace/repair it.

Quick Reply: Securing your bike