Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

scariest moment of my life

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 02:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default scariest moment of my life

im not only posting this for myself, but i'd also like to hear some scary moments.

what you are about to read is completely REAL. no BS.

august 25th. around 10:45pm my friend and i were hanging out infront of his house and his neighbors private street which T bones a pretty busy neighborhood street.. so we were smokin a blunt and we hear this car hit a curb pretty hard. so its about 100 meters to the end of the private street where it meets the main street. we start walking over there to check out what happened.. while we walk we hear his girl yelling "HELP ME HELP ME HE'S GOING TO KILL ME!!!" and i gotta say it was soo loud and TOO real to even think twice that she's joking around. so my friend stopps to call the cops and i start running to the corner. and while im running i hear 2 small pops.. but i wasnt really paying attention, but now that i think about it and the way it sounded in my head.. it must've been a small gun. so i get to the corner and i see someone across the street calling the cops as well. so i look towards were the noise came from.. but she stopped screaming.. and all i see is this car parked on the sidewalk on the wrong side of the street with his lights on about 50 meters away. its really really quiet for about 10 seconds.. then i hear the driver get out of the car and i hear him say "oh my god... oh my god..".. the way he said it.. i cant even act out how he said it.. his voice was trembling.. like he was in shock..as if he did somethin he really shouldnt have done.. may i remind you, my friend and i are about done with the blunt we were smokin so i was high as *** AND helllaa tripped out. so im in the dark and i yell "HEY WHATS GOING ON" but i did not DARE to step out and have him see me. he gets back in the car and he takes off.. i called the cops the next day because i needed to gather my thoughts because i was sorta in shock too. this all happened ON fleming ave. next to alum rock in san jose, ca. the car looked like a black Mazda RX-8 but it was really dark it couldve been any color. his license plate light was out. so i called the cops and told them what happened and they said they went to check it out (which was BULLSHYT cuz me n my friend were out there for 1 hour after he got off the phone with the cops and NO ONE showed up) and they didnt find any body or blood or anything so they just said if anything comes up we will call u.. im gonna remember this for the rest of my life man..

Old 08-28-2009, 06:34 AM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is definitely not cool and not the type of thing you want happening at all , let alone when your blitzed!!

Old 08-28-2009, 09:38 AM

Reminds me of something I saw when I was like 8 and walking home from school. . .a woman was walking down the street about a half block in front of me, and a guy starts keeping pace with her in his car. She starts yelling at him to leave her alone,then he stops the car in the middle of the street, gets out, and picks her up kicking and screaming and stuffs her into the car and drives off. I figured they were married and fighting and she was just being a bitch, but when I got older and thought back on it, I realized there was a huge lack of familiarity between the two people, and i probably witnessed somethign really horrific that I never said anything about. . .

Old 08-28-2009, 10:17 AM

i was in my crane and was pickin up and setting a huge overhead crane trolly(well over 16,000lbs.) did all my math and checked all capacities prior to the pick, it was close to a max pick, checked all things twice, rigged and flyin, swung over the building into the blind ( were i could no-longer see the load) and was reading the hand signals from another worker when all of the sudden i heard and felt a huge slam, and my crane began to tip over. to save lives from the rig falling over into the building i imeadiatly cabled down as fast as possible when i heard another slam and my rigs boom suddenly shot up in the air and the whole crane jumped up and over 4 feet. i felt sick to my stomach knowing people were dead on the otherside of that building, Thank GOD that no one was even injured at all. Turns out the guy givin me signals did not see that he had me too close to another steel beam and my rigging(the straps that hold the load on the hook)made contact with it and it first cut one of the straps and the huge piece slammed into a 60 foot man basket (with one of my iron workers in it )then hit the ground outside of my safe work limit and the crane started to tip over when the other strap could not hold on by itself and it let go, slamming it to the ground , sending a 100,000 lb crane into the air 4 feet. Ive never been so close to tragedy. my crane had some damage, two pieces of eqipment were trashed, and the big trolly was a total loss. i have never felt so sick. One of my Iron workers wound up kickin the guy to sleep over this. his carelessness almost killed my crew and myself.

Old 08-28-2009, 10:46 AM

Hooooly **** that's intense. That's like counseling-level intense. My GF's a 911 operator, and on occasion she'll have someone die while she's on the phone with them, but man, you had to make that "for the greater good" decision to actually (potentially) kill a smaller group of people yourself.

Old 08-28-2009, 10:59 AM

Are we just discussing our scariest moments? Cuz mine happened just 2 weeks ago, and actually on the bike.

I was going about 80 on an unfamiliar area of an expressway. 2 lanes, I'm in the left with a car riding my ***, and a minivan next to it in the right lane. I see the minivan in my mirror turn on its signal to take an exit ramp, and the next time I check the mirror, it's gone. A tight twisty comes up that I wasn't anticipating, and it's under construction. I go into it too fast, and I'm not leaning enough and I start to veer pretty quick into the right lane. I check my blind, and here's that minivan that apprently didn't take the exit, and it's RIGHT NEXT TO ME, and accelerating. I roll off the throttle a bit and go to lean hard, but sure enough, a patch of ****ing gravel across the road, and this car still on my ***. This is all in like 3 seconds, mind you. I freaked out and had no idea how to react, so afraid of wiping out on the gravel and being mowed down, or clipping the minivan and having the same thing happen. I KNEW I was going to die. I just dipped into this drifting sense of acceptance and calm, and honestly, I prayed. Everything slowed down, probably from the adrenaline, and I could just perceive everything and think it through. I could tell how fast that minivan was accellerating. . .I knew exactly when I'd hit that patch. . .I somehow knew no one was behind the minivan. I rolled off the throttle all the way, and started eeeeassssiinnnng on the rear brake, still veering. I cross the line with my front tire some imperceptible, immeasurable distance away from the van's bumper.

I pulled onto the shoulder and took like 10 minutes to collect myself. I'm still freaked out now just talking about it.

Last edited by johnnyx; 08-28-2009 at 04:20 PM.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:03 PM

Damn, you guys are pulling some crazy\creepy\scary stories.

johnnyx, I liked yours especially. I hate those moments when you see something coming or about to happen, but have no power\time to stop it. Well written too.

Old 08-28-2009, 05:57 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Driving an Isuzu Stylus at more than sensible speed on US 59 South in Houston. It was about midnight and I was coming home from a party. I had been drinking but about a beer every 1 1/2 hrs cause I knew I had to drive. I was just rushing to get home for work the next day.

So somewhere around 110 mph and on an overpass, the right front wheel comes off. Not a blow out. Not the tire shreds. The wheel breaks off the axle. The front end drops down and pulls the car hard to the right, towards a leap off the overpass. I overcorrect to the left, causing the the car to skid sideways at a still very healthy clip until the rolling begins. The police report said the car rolled 7 times before cutting down a freeway light pole and flat spinning to a stop (I told the officer all I remembered was "Ground... Sky... Ground... Sky... ad nauseam)

Witnesses called 911 which brought fire and ambulance. The car was crushed shut so the jaws of life were used to pull me from the wreckage. The very, very, very stange thing: Absolutely zero damage to me. I had to see the Opthamologist because the airbag blew the contact lenses off my eyes. But I was released within 8 hours. I wasn't even scratched by all the flying glass (there wasn't a single intact piece of glass on the car, even the plastic gauges shattered).

That was the 1st of the 2 major wrecks in my life, both of which I literally walked out of the hospital with no damage. The 2nd one was a little worse but I honestly dunno what happened except what I was told: a bus severely running a red light cut my truck in half. Woke up in the hospital but went to see the 2 pieces of my truck (on different sides of the junkyard) the next morning.

Old 08-28-2009, 08:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ridinthabay408
im not only posting this for myself, but i'd also like to hear some scary moments.

what you are about to read is completely REAL. no BS.

august 25th. around 10:45pm my friend and i were hanging out infront of his house and his neighbors private street which T bones a pretty busy neighborhood street.. so we were smokin a blunt and we hear this car hit a curb pretty hard. so its about 100 meters to the end of the private street where it meets the main street. we start walking over there to check out what happened.. while we walk we hear his girl yelling "HELP ME HELP ME HE'S GOING TO KILL ME!!!" and i gotta say it was soo loud and TOO real to even think twice that she's joking around. so my friend stopps to call the cops and i start running to the corner. and while im running i hear 2 small pops.. but i wasnt really paying attention, but now that i think about it and the way it sounded in my head.. it must've been a small gun. so i get to the corner and i see someone across the street calling the cops as well. so i look towards were the noise came from.. but she stopped screaming.. and all i see is this car parked on the sidewalk on the wrong side of the street with his lights on about 50 meters away. its really really quiet for about 10 seconds.. then i hear the driver get out of the car and i hear him say "oh my god... oh my god..".. the way he said it.. i cant even act out how he said it.. his voice was trembling.. like he was in shock..as if he did somethin he really shouldnt have done.. may i remind you, my friend and i are about done with the blunt we were smokin so i was high as *** AND helllaa tripped out. so im in the dark and i yell "HEY WHATS GOING ON" but i did not DARE to step out and have him see me. he gets back in the car and he takes off.. i called the cops the next day because i needed to gather my thoughts because i was sorta in shock too. this all happened ON fleming ave. next to alum rock in san jose, ca. the car looked like a black Mazda RX-8 but it was really dark it couldve been any color. his license plate light was out. so i called the cops and told them what happened and they said they went to check it out (which was BULLSHYT cuz me n my friend were out there for 1 hour after he got off the phone with the cops and NO ONE showed up) and they didnt find any body or blood or anything so they just said if anything comes up we will call u.. im gonna remember this for the rest of my life man..

GHOST PEOPLE..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSLBt...om=PL&index=24

Quick Reply: scariest moment of my life