CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Savage Silliness! (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/savage-silliness-153547/)

Mattson 05-29-2015 02:53 PM

Savage Silliness!

Been following this hilarious Finnish vlog about two guys building a low budget cafè racer of a Suzuki Savage since January but only today found out that there also is an option for English captions so immediately asked for a premission to post it here as well. The running number of the episodes currently is 22 so there is stuff to watch for hours if you`re interested.

If the browser doesn`t recognize your language settings automatically the captions can be turned on from the tool bar at the bottom. A new vid is being published every friday although the texts might take a little longer to become available. But as a bonus you get to enjoy our beautiful language as well :D

For some reason they have chosen to appear masked and the characters might need some explaning for a non-finn.

The one with the beard: Pertti "Spede" Pasanen.

Every- single- finn knows exactly who Spede was. A comedian, a media person, actor, producer, director, dancer, gameshow host and a brilliant inventor for over five decades. His nickname has even been burned into the spoken language to mean someone who is, or acts like, a fool. Pertti died at the age of 71 in 2001.

The one with the glasses: Urho Kaleva Kekkonen a.k.a. "Urkki"

A former prime minister and president of Finland from the fifties to the eighties. A legendary character in all it`s meanings, many wild stories are told of him, of which many are told to be like an old man`s fart, every time at least half is pure ****.

The caracters don`t really have anything to do with the videos themselves but I like to add a little trivia factoid to things like these so you have a some sort of understanding as some of the jokes are a little off-beat and might not open up at all, or even go totally unnoticed to a non Finnish viewer.

Sebastionbear1 05-30-2015 04:44 PM

I sat down and watched quite a few osas last night Matti. Then skipped to the last osa. Their bike is coming along well - but it got me thinking about you Finns and bike building.

It has to be the winter doesn't it? Can't ride so let's build something to ride next season. Pass me the olut and let me design a bike :D Wow! A bit more Lonkku and I'll start building :icon_deal:

By golly it's cold get out the Terva and angle grinders we're going to build a bike.

Some marvellous machines are built as a result of freezing winters!

Cheers, SB

Mattson 05-30-2015 05:25 PM

Haha looks like you've gotten a crash course of the language on the side. By the time the bike is finished you're speaking like a native :) yep Beer and Long Drink are a crucial part of the building process, as well as tar ;) it's great for car wheel bolts as well, prevents corrosion from the road salt and keeps them from getting stuck. Smells good too.

Because of the relatively short riding season most of the bikes are being built during the winter months cause since all you can do is hang on the forums fishing for ideas or sit at the garage flying sparks it makes sense to make the best of the time you're given, build at winter and enjoy the fruits of labour during the season.

zaqwert6 05-30-2015 10:17 PM

Well it ain't pretty but at least they don't look bored. :)

That's a heck of a space they have to work in though, nice.