Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Saddened with a Unwanted Gift

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 02:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Saddened with a Unwanted Gift

You have my sympathies, My wife lost her Uncle in October after a battle with cancer. He would be here tomorrow (Christmas day) so its another reminder of his passing.
There is nothing wrong with feeling saddened by your loss, its natural & its healthy for you, your wife & young family. In time, grief gives way to fond & happy memories, its a bastard to begin with, & a roller coaster ride of emotions. But trust me on this, it will get better.

Old 12-23-2008, 03:07 PM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I am so sorry HC, its never easy especially near Christmas ... time will help heal as said .. he is alive in your memories and is a part of your value system ... you need to grieve, let the grief come out when you feel it ..it really will help you heal quicker

Jules

Old 12-23-2008, 03:08 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There is never a good time but during the holidays, when you are supposed to be happy, is even a little more unbearable. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. You know where to find me if you need anything.

gregg

Old 12-23-2008, 03:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nothing can take those memories you have or the things that he taught you, HC... and it sounds like he had a big influence on you growing up. Well, that does not have to change because he is gone... best wishes to you and your family for the Holidays.

Old 12-23-2008, 03:54 PM
Banned

63 is too young, sorry for your loss. We all go through it but hearingthat doesn't make it easier.

Old 12-23-2008, 04:03 PM
RCR

Its Ok you can break down. Sorry to hear HC.

Old 12-23-2008, 04:15 PM

its okay to feel sorry for yourself. its part of getting over it, if you try to deny yourself the emtions of going through stuff like this it will only make the process longer. be mad, be sad, be angry, feel sorry for yourself, someone who was very dear to you, someone who taught you countless life lessons is gone, you deserve to feel all those ****ty feelings, and youll start feeling better. if you deny those things to yourself you are denying that something terrible happened. gud luck bro.

Old 12-23-2008, 04:16 PM

Tim:

I am very sorry for your loss,
If it is any consolation, just remember he is still living in you, and in the influence he had on the person you are.

It was his body's time to rest, but I believe you'll see him again, in a better place, and in a better state.

Your family continues to be in my prayers this HOLYday season.

Old 12-23-2008, 04:54 PM

Hardcorp,
Sorry for your loss. It is never easy when someone passes suddenly...especially when they were one of the forces that helped you grow into what you are today. Time doesnt heal all things but its passage does make some more bearable. Hang in there and stay focused on the ones that you love and love you.

Old 12-23-2008, 06:43 PM
Friend and Hero ...

ORIGINAL: WhiteDealershipRice

Tim:

I am very sorry for your loss,
If it is any consolation, just remember he is still living in you, and in the influence he had on the person you are.

It was his body's time to rest, but I believe you'll see him again, in a better place, and in a better state.

Your family continues to be in my prayers this HOLYday season.
thank you brother for the phone call

Quick Reply: Saddened with a Unwanted Gift