CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Sad times :( (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/sad-times-156907/)

dec111 12-13-2017 02:03 PM

Sad times :(

Just been told I'll have to take blood thinners for rest of my life, so that's biking over for me.

If I had a spill like I had in 2013 I could easily bleed to death. Even a relatively minor thump into the road could be curtains.

Depressing **** :icon_cry:

74demon 12-13-2017 02:15 PM

That's sad.

If that risk scares you that much, then there is a lot of things that are over for you.

If it were me, I'd ride and continue to enjoy my life.

dec111 12-13-2017 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by 74demon (Post 1310104)
That's sad.

If that risk scares you that much, then there is a lot of things that are over for you.

If it were me, I'd ride and continue to enjoy my life.

Came off at only 40mph before thanks to a **** driver, and my back was black from top to halfway down my hamstrings, with a huge haemotoma midway. My doc said there would be no question I'd be dead if I got as big a bang on Rivaroxiban, it's extremely difficult to reverse and time would also be a huge factor.

Not scared of anything but also can't be stupid about it either, what's a minor knock to everyone else can be major to me now, even shaving nicks bleed for ages ffs. Only biking is over to me, and I'm a tad too old to enter the UFC now anyways :D

Hawkwind2016 12-13-2017 03:48 PM

I'm on blood thinners as well, but I'll still ride.

I could just as easily have an accident in the car on the way to work :icon_shrug:

Less risk when you're cosseted in a tin box, but sh1t still happens.

It's different for all of us and I respect your decision.

dec111 12-13-2017 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Hawkwind2016 (Post 1310109)
I'm on blood thinners as well, but I'll still ride.

I could just as easily have an accident in the car on the way to work :icon_shrug:

Less risk when you're cosseted in a tin box, but sh1t still happens.

It's different for all of us and I respect your decision.

I've went through the whole ''I'll take less chances etc etc'' but know perfectly well I'll still redline every feckin gear once that visor goes down. Had a chain snap on me a few months back, that could have gone spectacularly worse so have take stuff like that into consideration as well as motorist error.

What type are you on mate? They just seem to railroad ppl onto orals now in Ireland, way more expensive and hard to reverse in an emergency. I inquired about injectable but just got vague responses and ''orals are much easier blah blah'':icon_shrug:

Hawkwind2016 12-13-2017 04:04 PM

I'm on aspirin and clopidogrel as well as a few other sweeties for my ticker :icon_wink:

dec111 12-13-2017 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Hawkwind2016 (Post 1310112)
I'm on aspirin and clopidogrel as well as a few other sweeties for my ticker :icon_wink:

I'd thought about asprin but apar it's not enough, have had 4 blood clots in 5yrs with 2 being within the last year. On BP med and beta blocker also, f**ked in other words haha

hamlin6 12-13-2017 04:38 PM

Sorry to hear the news. Though I don't know what it is, here's to hoping you find something in your life that is exciting and fulfilling as being on two wheels.

dec111 12-13-2017 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by hamlin6 (Post 1310114)
Sorry to hear the news. Though I don't know what it is, here's to hoping you find something in your life that is exciting and fulfilling as being on two wheels.

Don't think anything will be anywhere near as close, but a big BHP car is in plan ;)

CaBaRet 12-13-2017 08:41 PM

Hi Dec , sorry to hear that, got to play with the cards your dealt matey , and you know where to gamble or not, but stay safe matey.Bill