Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Rode up to Mt. St. Helens! Pics.

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 12:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rode up to Mt. St. Helens! Pics.

Well I went as fas as could go up to St. Helens from the south. The gate is closed at NF-25 so I couldn't get anywhere near where I wanted to go. Oh well, I went up to McClellan viewpoint and got some good photos. I met a guy from Ireland up there on a V-Strom. He flew from Ireland to Seattle, bought the bike, rode up to Alaska and then back down here. He's heading to the rockies next and then on to San Diego. He is my hero!!!! Amazing. Anyways I had a good time, here are some pics.

Edge of the crater.

Swift Reservoir

Old 06-29-2008, 12:41 PM
Default RE: Rode up to Mt. St. Helens! Pics.

looks like you had an amazing ride. beautiful pictures

Old 06-29-2008, 01:18 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Awsome pics. I have gone up the south side a few times, and stood at Mclellen where you took the pics from, its absolutely amazing around that area. I really miss it.

Old 06-29-2008, 09:02 PM
Registered Users

seriously, i hate all you guys who have beautiful scenery to drive in....i drove for two hours this weekend and pretty much drove from downtown to the airport, around the airport, a little in the burbs and came back....sometimes i HATE living in the city...ugh...

BEAUTIFUL pictures btw....that one on the edge of the crater is gorgeous...it's looks like HDR, is it??

Old 06-29-2008, 09:17 PM

ORIGINAL: ffingers

seriously, i hate all you guys who have beautiful scenery to drive in....i drove for two hours this weekend and pretty much drove from downtown to the airport, around the airport, a little in the burbs and came back....sometimes i HATE living in the city...ugh...

BEAUTIFUL pictures btw....that one on the edge of the crater is gorgeous...it's looks like HDR, is it??
Yeah I couldn't imagine living in such a large city and not being able to easily escape it. It only took me an hour and a half to get to the viewpoint where I took those pics. It's so beautiful out here, I don't think I could ever leave! The edge of the crater pic isn't HDR, I just adjusted it a little using levels because it was a little hazy.

Old 06-29-2008, 11:14 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

I do sorta, kinda, just a bit hate you A4 . Now where i live i ride 10 minutes and all i see is flat, corn, and cows, its really depressing. Where i lived in Oregon i was 5 minutes away from where i took this pic, it was like the gateway to the world and all sorts of cool *** places to ride.

Old 06-30-2008, 01:39 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Beautiful scenery and great pics :-) .. looks like a bikers heaven there ..

Jules

Old 06-30-2008, 08:34 AM

ORIGINAL: TK954RR

I do sorta, kinda, just a bit hate you A4 . Now where i live i ride 10 minutes and all i see is flat, corn, and cows, its really depressing. Where i lived in Oregon i was 5 minutes away from where i took this pic, it was like the gateway to the world and all sorts of cool *** places to ride.

Looks like the Columbia River Gorge.

Old 06-30-2008, 08:38 AM

ORIGINAL: Juliet

Beautiful scenery and great pics :-) .. looks like a bikers heaven there ..

Jules
Thanks Jules! Oh it is bikers heaven here! I think this area gets more moto traffic than cars and trucks. There are always lots of bikes up here tearing up the corners!

Here is an aerial view of part of the route I took.

View Larger Map
">
View Larger Map

Old 06-30-2008, 08:52 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

That is the gorge, i see you get around . I lived in Troutdale almost on the sandy river, so all i had to do was cross and i was in heaven.

Quick Reply: Rode up to Mt. St. Helens! Pics.