Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Rock Band...

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 07:47 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rock Band...

My kids talked me into getting Rock Band (they chipped in their allowances), and it is a freakin' BLAST!!! We are having SOOOOO much fun playing it. I have never even played Guitar Hero, yet, so this is all new to me. I am a kick *** drummer, though. I have dabbled on the drums over the yerars, so I have alittle bit of a comfort level with hitting the different pads and using the kick drum pedal. Anyway, our band is called the Chinchillas...and we rock the house!!! Have you guys played it yet?

Old 03-15-2008, 07:53 PM
Default RE: Rock Band...

I got it about 3 weeks ago... My bands called the Mighty Ducks (From the the movie)... I'm the drummer. Best game ever... Sure I can play real instruments but I don't sound this freaking good on a real guitar.

I find that the guitar is harder for me because I'm used to the guitar hero interface...

Old 03-15-2008, 08:27 PM

ya i had 50 bucks in best buy gift cards laying around so i cashed in my bank rewards points, asked for a 100 dollar gift card for best buy so i could combine them and buy rock band.... well they sent me a damn 100 dollar circuit city gift card, and I don't wanna dip out of my pocket beyond 20 bucks for it. So it looks like I'll be waiting for gta 4 to get a new game..

Old 03-15-2008, 08:58 PM

hahaha.. you sound like a rad dad..

i cant get into games like that.. mainly bc i do play drums/guitar.. and im a video game nerd.. real video games not stuff like that..

but **** man kids are hooked on that stuff like crack.. i couldnt believe they were selling covers with different band names and designs at best buy to cover the guitars for guitar hero..

someone is getting PAID$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Old 03-15-2008, 10:01 PM
Retired Moderator

Oki, I have never wanted to play G.H. because I though it was pretty wussy...but I am having so much fun playing Rock Band. I don't like plating guitar or singing as much, but the drums are a blast! Part of it is playing something with my kids together (sounds corny). Also, playing something with my 14 year old where he isn't kicking my *** (like Halo).

Old 03-15-2008, 10:07 PM

Me and my fellow miliitary comrades play rock band at myhoyuzse we play rockabnd, wegrpu[ are called vfr on topp, we are a;l;l in military atr seymour johnson afb. look us up we are the3 shiz... and i'm drumk as shziz.

Old 03-15-2008, 10:28 PM

ORIGINAL: jutsin

ya i had 50 bucks in best buy gift cards laying around so i cashed in my bank rewards points, asked for a 100 dollar gift card for best buy so i could combine them and buy rock band.... well they sent me a damn 100 dollar circuit city gift card, and I don't wanna dip out of my pocket beyond 20 bucks for it. So it looks like I'll be waiting for gta 4 to get a new game..
Try buying something and then returning it... Sometimes they give you the cash back instead of a gift card... I did that at best buy cause I didn't really want to buy electronics at the time so I bought a video game then returned it and they put all my money back on my card.

Old 03-15-2008, 10:32 PM

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

Part of it is playing something with my kids together (sounds corny).
thats why i said you were a rad dad.. sure beats those dads that would rather get ****faced and weld refridgerator doors to 78 buicks in thier backyard. or anything else that is not spending time with thier kids.

Old 03-15-2008, 10:41 PM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: rvizzle

Me and my fellow miliitary comrades play rock band at myhoyuzse we play rockabnd, wegrpu[ are called vfr on topp, we are a;l;l in military atr seymour johnson afb. look us up we are the3 shiz... and i'm drumk as shziz.

Oh yeah? Well, MMPrguas OKhlohd) JK/'s asdaw a rrrrp. You drunken bastard. Haha!!! In your current state, you could still beat me at Halo, Viz...

Old 03-15-2008, 11:36 PM
RCR

My kids have both games and Im pretty good at the Guitar hero but its harder on rock band cause of the button layout (used to G/H), Drums kick my *** (mainly the foot pedal screws me). No one ever got into the singing so I tried it one day and It was a blast I get 93+ on most songs except that damn Iggy bop zop song and Tommy song kills me. American Idle here I come

Also on a side note Voodoo get the pads for the drums makes quit a bit of difference from the annoying tapping...

Quick Reply: Rock Band...