Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

RIP - VHS

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 03:57 PM
RCR
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RIP - VHS

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

Pr0n hit all new levels with slow motion & zoom...
Nothing like a 60"HD TV full of clear butt zits...[&:]
Ya know I had something to add when I was on page 1 then I read this and forgot it. Thanks Voodoo

Old 12-23-2008, 05:30 PM

Ok so I know cassette tapes havent been around forever, but was there ever a death certificate for them?

Old 12-23-2008, 08:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: DDCavi

Ok so I know cassette tapes havent been around forever, but was there ever a death certificate for them?
Just reminded me, anyone remember digital cassette tapes?

Old 12-23-2008, 08:22 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I still have some collections of live recorded 1986 world cup football matches..

Old 12-23-2008, 08:26 PM
Retired Moderator

Good by VHS.......should have been killed off sooner.

DVD is already obsolete...........Blu-ray's lifespan will be shorter than even DVD's.

Movies and video's will follow (and it's already started) the music industry. Buying movies and videos from a digital source over the internet will be as normal as buying music off of iTunes now. In fact, I've already purchased a few movies from iTunes and couldn't be happier. No discs, no getting up to load them, no scratches. All I do is fire up my Apple TV and play my movies. Extremely convenient & instant......and in most cases.......cheaper.

Soon, everything that is music and movies will be purchased through a little box, in your living room, connected to the internet. (like Apple TV). You will purchase, rent and watch from that single device. I give this technology 2 years until this idea becomes common knowledge, and 5 years to take over DVD & Blu-ray sales.

Old 12-23-2008, 08:33 PM

I have fiber to my house and my TV is all via the internet.

Old 12-23-2008, 09:46 PM

ORIGINAL: catamayo85

ORIGINAL: shawnyc01f4i

ORIGINAL: N8 Dawg

VHS, how I hated renting movies that were not already rewinded....
Thats why I always rewind my DVD's before sending them back to Netflix
God bless your soul [8D]

Old 12-23-2008, 10:38 PM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

Good by VHS.......should have been killed off sooner.

DVD is already obsolete...........Blu-ray's lifespan will be shorter than even DVD's.

Movies and video's will follow (and it's already started) the music industry. Buying movies and videos from a digital source over the internet will be as normal as buying music off of iTunes now. In fact, I've already purchased a few movies from iTunes and couldn't be happier. No discs, no getting up to load them, no scratches. All I do is fire up my Apple TV and play my movies. Extremely convenient & instant......and in most cases.......cheaper.

Soon, everything that is music and movies will be purchased through a little box, in your living room, connected to the internet. (like Apple TV). You will purchase, rent and watch from that single device. I give this technology 2 years until this idea becomes common knowledge, and 5 years to take over DVD & Blu-ray sales.
Thats what I'm thinking. But also with flash drives becoming even larger and larger every year its only a matter of time before we end up with 10 TB and 100 TB drives.. but then again Blu-ray does have a capacity of what.. 50gb? When you want HD like that, and it becomes the norm I can see problems with streaming video instead of keeping copies of the data at your home. I really think digital sales are going to be the next logical step, but it won happen until data storage capacity greatly exceeds what the optical media can hold. RIght now we're at the 1TB area so.. using digital copies you could store 20 hd movies (blu-ray) or 100 dual-layer dvd quality movies. depending on if you used the original video format, but that's what you'd want if you wanted to retain the same quality.