Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

RIP George Carlin

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 12:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RIP George Carlin

[]Thats a shame.

Old 06-23-2008, 12:41 PM

ORIGINAL: Shadow1

Well, Okie, I guess that's better than being a dyslexic agnostic -
and denying the existence of DOG.
RIP George
LOL... thats funny... HAHA

Old 06-23-2008, 12:46 PM

RIP Mr. Carlin, you were funny as ****, I will miss you greatly.

Old 06-23-2008, 01:08 PM

ORIGINAL: Shadow1

Well, Okie, I guess that's better than being a dyslexic agnostic -
and denying the existence of DOG.
RIP George
Just for the record.. Agnostic doesnt mean that im denying the existence of GOD.

I just believe that no one can prove there is one, and i cant prove there isnt one, so i am like an open minded athiest. Athiests believe they can prove there is no god. Which to be is the same thing as Christianity just on the other side of the fence. No one can prove ****.. period.. and until i die i wont know either lol..

but remind me before i die and ill try and come back and letcha know.. lol

Old 06-23-2008, 01:40 PM

George was a comedic genius and his views and humor will be greatly missed. Rest in peace.

Old 06-23-2008, 01:52 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

ORIGINAL: OKIEZAC

ORIGINAL: RojerLockless

dude I almost cried...

and what's worse is he never believed in an afterlife so either way he's screwed =\
HAHA.. you say that as if there is one.. lol.. other than laying with the worms in the dirt..

He didnt believe in that stuff because he is/was like myself.. Agnostic..

You should listen to "will jesus bring the porkchops?" http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYZ4d82P0BQ

RIP George..

I did not I just said if there is no god, he's dead and screwed. if there is one, he didnt belive in him so he's screwed. That's all I ment.

Much like all of our founding fathers who were Deists they converted to christanity on their death beads... just incase Personally I'v always found it not only interesting but the most logical way you can say that "in the words of George Carlin" Theres an invisible man! Living in the clouds!

Deism is the belief that there is a God that created the physical universe but does not interfere with it. It is related to a religious philosophy and movement that derives the existence and nature of God from reason.

Deists often use the analogy of God as watchmaker. Making a watch, winding it, then placing it down and not touching it again.

Deists typically reject most supernatural events (prophecy, miracles) and tend to assert that God does not intervene with the affairs of human life and the natural laws of the universe. What organized religions see as divine revelation and holy books, most deists see as interpretations made by other humans, rather than as authoritative sources.

Deists believe that God's greatest gift to humanity is not religion, but the ability to reason

ok rant over but it's a decent read imo

Old 06-23-2008, 02:12 PM

Classic comedian. He will be missed my favorite skit..... "You know why I don't get sick I swam in sh*t as a kid, and I am not just saying sh*t as a metaphor I mean literally I swam in sh*t"

Old 06-23-2008, 02:28 PM

Awesome guy...told it like it is. One of the first comedians to not be politically correct and was a breath of fresh air. He's getting a standing ovation in Heaven right now

[sm=smiley32.gif][sm=smiley32.gif][sm=smiley32.gif]

RED

Old 06-23-2008, 05:13 PM

ORIGINAL: OKIEZAC

dude I almost cried...

and what's worse is he never believed in an afterlife so either way he's screwed =\
HAHA.. you say that as if there is one.. lol.. other than laying with the worms in the dirt..

He didnt believe in that stuff because he is/was like myself.. Agnostic..

You should listen to "will jesus bring the porkchops?" http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYZ4d82P0BQ

RIP George..

I did not I just said if there is no god, he's dead and screwed. if there is one, he didnt belive in him so he's screwed. That's all I ment.

Much like all of our founding fathers who were Deists they converted to christanity on their death beads... just incase Personally I'v always found it not only interesting but the most logical way you can say that "in the words of George Carlin" Theres an invisible man! Living in the clouds!

Deism is the belief that there is a God that created the physical universe but does not interfere with it. It is related to a religious philosophy and movement that derives the existence and nature of God from reason.

Deists often use the analogy of God as watchmaker. Making a watch, winding it, then placing it down and not touching it again.

Deists typically reject most supernatural events (prophecy, miracles) and tend to assert that God does not intervene with the affairs of human life and the natural laws of the universe. What organized religions see as divine revelation and holy books, most deists see as interpretations made by other humans, rather than as authoritative sources.

Deists believe that God's greatest gift to humanity is not religion, but the ability to reason

ok rant over but it's a decent read imo
Since George Carlin doesn't believe in God, then he doesn't go to heaven? Is that how it works? What a silly thing to do. I sincerely hope that if there is a God, He will judge us on our character and the good things we have done for the betterment of mankind rather than who we pray or don't pray to.

I was thinking of ranting too about religion, but that would breach this forum's rules and integrity, so here's for Carlin:

My position concerning God is that of an agnostic. I am convinced that a vivid consciousness of the primary importance of moral principles for the betterment and ennoblement of life does not need the idea of a law-giver, especially a law-giver who works on the basis of reward and punishment.

Old 06-23-2008, 06:47 PM

why does got always have to take the good ones!!! there are plenty of bums for him to take

Quick Reply: RIP George Carlin