CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Rio 2016 (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/rio-2016-a-154778/)

hamlin6 08-05-2016 08:47 PM

Rio 2016

With every two years there is more critique, criticism and scandal as it pertains to the Olympic Games. Some of that is justified.

Having said that, ever since I was a little boy, I've looked forward with great anticipation to the games, whether it be summer or winter sessions.

I choose to believe that it brings out the good in us and shows what is possible. I don't look at the nations so much as I do the individual athletes who represent their respective countries.

There are the ones you expect to win, then there are the ones who themselves know they have no chance of even coming close to a bronze, let alone a gold medal. Yet they travel thousands and thousands of miles to give it their best. I cannot imagine the feeling these young people must have as they take the platform, starting line, etc. knowing that their entire nation is both pulling for and depending upon them. It must be amazing.

To all of you, I sincerely hope your country is represented well and your athletes make you proud and more importantly, stay healthy.

Enjoy the games

Sebastionbear1 08-05-2016 09:05 PM

Ummm...................Hamelin, The summer and winter olympics are both held 4 years apart but they have been biennially separated since 1994.

Does that help?

I.e. Summer Olympics every 4 years, but Olympic games every 2 years Summer - Winter - Summer - Winter etc...

And best of luck to all teams. The venue is taking a bit of a pizzling down-under due to the robberies and toxic water.

Personnaly I hope they make 'fish slapping' an Olympic sport. THEN I'd watch! :D

Cheers, SB

hamlin6 08-05-2016 09:09 PM

Brother Bear,
Not sure what your point is, or maybe I wasn't clear. As you stated, the Olympics are held every 2 years: with a 4 year separation for the respective games, i.e. summer and winter. My point was that it didn't matter to me which of the games, (summer or winter) were being played, I look forward to each equally.
That's all I was trying to say. Maybe I was being thick fingered in my typing. :-)

Edit:
I personally think they should have a Monty Pythonesque type of competion for silly walks.

Sebastionbear1 08-05-2016 09:17 PM

Ooops, my incredibly bad bad Hamelin. Re-reading your post you are indeed correct and my misunderstanding was of Olympic proportions! :D

Please accept my humble apologies...........

And yes Silly Walks too would be a great addition :D

Cheers, SB

hamlin6 08-05-2016 09:21 PM

No need to apologize at all my friend. I reckoned it was just a misunderstanding on one or both of our parts.
BTW, I have very much enjoyed following and am envious or your Vietnam trip. That is a part of Asia I have not yet touched.

MrCanuck 08-08-2016 04:19 PM

just something about woman's beach volleyball