Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Ringing ears!?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 02:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ringing ears!?

yeah, i wear ear plugs. you can still hear things fine, but ambient stuff like wind is definetly quieter.

Old 04-26-2007, 10:18 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: james007torres24

i dont hear much wind noise at all.
That must be a real Drag

Old 04-26-2007, 11:15 AM

There's a supplement you can get at drug stores called Clear Tinnitus. It will be with the stuff like ear wax drops and ear wax removal kits. Anyways, it's supposed to relieve ringing in the ears. I've never personally tried it, but I've heard it works.

Old 04-26-2007, 11:24 AM

re: Wind noise

What happens when you ride is your brain ignores windnoise after awhile. You can still *hear* it but it deosn't seem as deafeningly loud as it really is. This noise is constant and loud, which is a bad mix.

After riding with well fitting ear plugs for awhile, you'll realize two things:
- that you can hear the traffic better, because it isn't masked by wind noise,
- that you don't get as tired as quickly.

Another vote for plugs

Old 04-26-2007, 11:32 AM

Do you guys ride with ear plugs all the time, or just when know you're going to ride on the highway?

Old 04-26-2007, 11:48 AM

I ride with plugs on any ride longer than 10 minutes. I have two sets in my suit, one for wearing, the other for backup (when they get dirty or you drop one it's nice to have spares on hand).

Old 04-26-2007, 09:55 PM

i just by herOs i think they are called at walmart. They come with a little case you can put spares in. Or i wear noise canceling head phones that were like 50 bucks at best buy. If i am going over an hour i wear the head phones and use an Mp3 player. Kind of a pain to get them in then put my helmet on but 5 min of prep is music to my ears. The head phones have about the same noise cancelling as the ear plugs and i really don't have to turn up my head phones that loud to hear the music.

Old 04-27-2007, 12:40 AM

Well guys, I really appreciateall of the input! I am definitely going to be getting some ear plugs ASAP!I do have a pretty niceShoeihelmet, but I think beingas tall as I am my head is way up in the air so a double bubble windscreen might help make a bigger air pocket for me. I can move my head down like 3inches or so and there is absolutely no wind noise at allso maybe I can get lucky with that typeof wind screen.
On a side note, I have seen some jackets that have a little hump on the upper back, does this help diffuse the wind around your helmet or is ita thing that's just for looks? I was wondering thisbecause if my jacket is not fully zipped it comes up to the bottom of my helmet when I ride and there is not any wind noise, untilit is zipped upall the way. So I pretty muchhave to choose between hearing the wind or having it fill my jacket up! [/align]

Old 04-28-2007, 09:23 PM

ORIGINAL: pacemaker

ORIGINAL: james007torres24

i dont hear much wind noise at all.
That must be a real Drag
naw thats cause he doesnt ride the 600rr he rides the power ranger mobile to matchhis helmet!!!!!!!!!!!! lol just kiddin james

but seriously go to wally world and buy the pack of earplugs for about 2 bucks for 5 pairs of bright orange ear plugs and when they get dirty just throw them out and get new ones!
i go through about a pack every two months......

Old 04-29-2007, 05:43 AM
Retired Moderator

I've actually never thought this was a problem..........but you guys do bring up some good points. (though, I've never had ringing/buzzing in my ears from riding). I'm going to have to look into that.

Quick Reply: Ringing ears!?