Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Is it right or wrong, or should I just not care...

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 07:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is it right or wrong, or should I just not care...

ORIGINAL: MikeInCtown

I'll go out here and say that if it is an easy fix and you think it is keeping you from selling the bike, replace it yourself!If a $50 or soinvestment helps get your bie sold tomorrow isn't it worth it?
+1 spend $50, do the work yourself in an hour, and be done with it. You can even say, "It has a brand new manual CCT on it!" and use that as a selling point.

Old 06-20-2007, 07:57 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Honda dealers didn't mention it when they sold the bikes new and they where aware; why are you?

Honesty though, I would mention it if someone specifically asked but not otherwise. kudos on your honesty though.

Old 06-20-2007, 08:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your being honest, which is good, but really your giving out to much information, which makes a lot of people think your covering up something. And maybe its worse than your saying. Most people assume that everyone else is a dishonest bastard. ie "yeah, he said that the CCT chain is noisy, wot else is he not telling us?" By all means be honest, but get them looking at it 1st, before you drop the mulberry.

Old 06-20-2007, 09:14 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

I agree be honest, and you can even tell them its a $40 part and you just havent had the time, that may settle some nerves. I have also noticed bikes get a lot more "tire kickers" then cars do so you may just have to be a bit more patient.

Old 06-20-2007, 09:15 PM

i would let them come look at the bike and let them hear it run and when there looking at it then mention it

Old 06-20-2007, 10:12 PM
VP

if you don't wanna do the labor just include the part with the sale...if you have someone who wants the bikebefore you get the partsay you'll take 50 bucks off the price to take care of the repair... i need to get commission on this bad boy if you sell it. Tell em to call em and I'll sell it over the phone for a small 10% sales fee

Old 06-21-2007, 02:29 PM

I met with a guy and his dad last night from my ad on craigslist. I listed the strating price on that site for $3999.The dude was checking on it"for a friend of his." After talking with them for about 15 minutes the dude offered my 3g's. I just laughed, and politly said "Thanks, but I can't let it go for that cheap. I've got over $5,300 in it with ALL maintence records/reciepts." He said all he had on him was $3,000, so I told him I had his number and he had mine if things were to change. I also let him know I can take off the WOODCRAFT frame sliders 9less than 2 months old), and HELI bars, and put the stock stuff back on, and that would lower the price.

Anyway, just felt like sharing. Thanks for reading.

Old 06-21-2007, 03:55 PM

My recommendation: Imagine if you were the one buying your bike. What would you want to know? What would you appreciate knowing and what would affect you buying the bike?

If you don't want to volunteer information you can just answer any and all questions clearly, honestly and completely. Sometimes volunteering information will cause a sale loss. Ultimately, it's what you feel comfortable doing. For me, I'd have a hard time not volunteering information (that I would want to know) to potential buyers who are polite, kind and courteous. If I get some jerk, I'd give information only when asked and only enough to answer the question asked, but either way, the answers should be honest.

I dont' know about anybody else, but I woudl just feel better, conscience-wise knowing that if someone buys something from me that they're aware (and since they bought it, willing to deal with) problems or potential problems with what I sold them. I have too much of a conscience to sell someone something knowing or suspecting that it will cause problems later, ESPECIALLY if it involves the safe operation of the item.

Old 06-21-2007, 04:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Does the CCT prevent it from running? No. Is it a common issue? Yes.

Don't mention it or just replace it and be done with it.