Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Riding in the wind

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 12:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Riding in the wind

As long as it isn't too cold or too slippery out, I don't care what the weather is. Wind just help keep you on your toes.

Old 12-28-2008, 12:18 PM

I rode in 50+ mph winds this past summer on my F3. Let me tell you... after 40 miles I saw weird tire wear. (Pilot Powers)
There were branches coming down on the road and all kinds of crap. not fun, but I had to get home. Nothing like being in a full tuck, with a pretty steep lean angle, then going past a house that shields the wind and almost riding off the road. lol.

Old 12-28-2008, 12:20 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Dont bother me any, actually kinda fun doing wheelies with a 30 mph cross wind. Really helps you learn to steer and balance.

Old 12-28-2008, 12:23 PM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I hate riding in the wind ... yes, it can make you a better rider by forcing you to continually make corrections via counter steeering and let you analyse what is going on with the steering etc ..but, as an experienced rider who just wants to go out and ride and have fun the wind just pees me off to a point where I would rather take the car ..we are talking big wind here though, I dont mind a breeze especially in summer to keep you cool but modern bikes with their acres of body work almost act as a sail in windy conditions and I just find it tedious ..I am all for an easy life!! ..lol

Jules

Old 12-28-2008, 12:33 PM

i don't mind it... unless i'm riding really slow in a parking lot or something. then i start to wish i had frame sliders[&:]

Old 12-28-2008, 01:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great replies! I know people that refuse to ride in the wind and that's totally fine too.

Old 12-28-2008, 02:44 PM

I don't mind it, I don't like it in the rain though cause if I'm going around a turn at a decent speed and I have crosswind that stops, it makes me uneasy with the road wet. Otherwise it doesn't bother me, I just lean into the crosswinds, I'm sure it looks weird to cragers seeing me lean my bike while riding straight down the road

Old 12-28-2008, 04:15 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

mind it? i ****ing LOVE it!!!! i think its so fun to ride in the wind.....nothing like getting a hard lean while going straight!!!

im w/ you X. i dont draw the line until ice........rain, snow, wind, swealtering heat.........i'll ride in it all (my friends call me 'the mailman ). like you said, it makes you a better rider and lets you know what you're bike is capable of.

Old 12-28-2008, 05:26 PM

The first time, I thought slowing down would help...hmm mmm, it doesn't. Now I would classify wind as mildly annoying, still nothing like coming home to clutter. lol

Old 12-28-2008, 05:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: SpiritRR

The first time, I thought slowing down would help...hmm mmm, it doesn't. Now I would classify wind as mildly annoying, still nothing like coming home to clutter. lol
Clutter is much scarier than wind, for sure.

Quick Reply: Riding in the wind