Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Riding with a passenger?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 06:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, thanks for all the tips everyone! Some stuff in there I would have never thought of! I'll definately keep it easy whenever I have a passenger, and I'll probably go practice in a parking lot with some willing victim

Old 05-20-2009, 09:17 PM

My girl friend "thinks" she knows how to ride as a passenger. She doesnt grasp the concept of just staying straight with the bike. Everytime we approach a curve, I can feel her lean as she prepares to enter the curve so nearly everytime, the bike does a little wobble as she moves and I re-adjust my line....... it drives me nuts but I cant get her to quit....lol
I've had other girlfriend who lean forward and stay low...... its great to ride them...... and some that set up straight...... that sucks....... you can feel every move.... Just be careful......

Old 05-21-2009, 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by rod38um
i've had other girlfriend who lean forward and stay low...... Its great to ride them......
hahaha

Old 05-21-2009, 12:09 PM

i'm married now so I never have a passenger. I like it that way. its my toy. not hers.

Old 05-21-2009, 12:29 PM

The parking lot is the best way to do it for sure. A HUGE +1 on having the passenger look over your shoulders. Make sure you explain everything to them before you get out there.

Also, one story I read - make sure they don't ever hold on to your arms. I read about a guy who was making a u-turn and his wife got nervous and though she was gonna fall off the left side of the bike.....grabbed hard on his right arm to pull herself back up and caused him to go WOT. Sent the bike into a nice wheelie over a curb.

Old 05-21-2009, 06:34 PM

I was planning on borrowing my friends GF to practice lol (I'm actually not kidding, she's been on bikes before as a passenger, that way I'll get used to it myself)... Then I'll explain it to my passenger the correct way to go about being a good passenger.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:55 PM

"Hey bro can I ride your girl? I need the practice..."
"WTF did you say" (throws a uppercut) LOL

Old 05-21-2009, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Bean600
"Hey bro can I ride your girl? I need the practice..."
"WTF did you say" (throws a uppercut) LOL
He took it very well, he knows that I don't dig sloppy seconds

Quick Reply: Riding with a passenger?