Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Rider Down...Prayers Needed

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 04:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jfunkRR
Broken left arm, broken pelvis and femur... but he'll pull thru.
Ouch - sounds like a long recovery, but it could have been worse. I'll be sending out lots of good thoughts. You definitely need to keep an eye out for deer when riding around sunrise or sunset. If I'm in a wooded area at dawn or dusk I will slow down, and scan the sides of the roads for eyes.

Old 02-18-2009, 05:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WoodyRR
Sounds good for as bad as it is. I just read a real old post (Jaybird's post about being rear-ended by a cop) and saw one of his posts. I saw his sig hugging his TIGER-orange RR. I hope he gets to hug a new 1000RR Repsol when he's all better!!!

Damn i new this was him, i remember his pic hugging the bike! we actually exchanged a few emails about my new 07' well at least he will pull through, may be a long recovery, but it will ultimately be up to him whether or not he rides again? i hope he does! Get well SOON Jay!!!

Dave

Old 02-18-2009, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by DDCavi
time for him to hang it up.
I hope he doesn't but as rough as things have been for him lately I couldn't blame him.

Originally Posted by WoodyRR
Sounds good for as bad as it is. I just read a real old post (Jaybird's post about being rear-ended by a cop) and saw one of his posts. I saw his sig hugging his TIGER-orange RR. I hope he gets to hug a new 1000RR Repsol when he's all better!!!
I think you're mixing up two differant people here. Jaynd and jaybird are two seperate guys (unless I misinterpretted something you wrote)

Either way Damn. He JUST got that bike. Serious dissapointment on my end here for him. Anyway. I hope he gets better soon and he'll be in my prayers.

Old 02-18-2009, 06:17 PM
Default Jaynd Wrecked! Update

As many of you already know, Jason (jaynd) was in a motorcycle accident on Monday morning. I am posting this bulletin because he asked me to inform his friends who hadn't already heard.

On Monday morning around 5:45 am he was riding his motorcycle to work and turned right on to Main St. in Prince Frederick. He lost control of the bike and hit a tree on the side of the road. He alerted the police and was promptly flown out to P.G. Shock Trauma. He stayed there until 2:00 pm when he was then transfered to UMMC Shock Trauma via ambulance. He arrived at UMMC at 2:45 pm and they assessed the damage. The medical team found that Jason had shattered his left humorous (upper arm bone), broke his right hip, sustained a separation in his left ball/joint hip, broke his lower 5 vertebrae, and bit through his tongue.

He went into surgery Tuesday morning at 7:15 am and was in recovery by 1:30 pm. The medical team put a nerve block in his arm so that he would not be in so much pain so that he could eventually start to use the arm for support. They also put a screw in his right and left hip. They couldn't do anything for his back, but they fit him for a back brace this morning. He is stable and fully conscience, just in a lot of pain.

If you would like to send cards please send them to UMMC Shock Trauma, C.C. Jason Dziedzic. I am only asking that if you would like to visit him, please ask Jason. He has his cell phone so please call and ask permission. He is in a lot of pain and needs his sleep so please be respectful of that and understand his wishes.

Thank you for reading this.

Last edited by Niquie F4iChica; 02-18-2009 at 07:35 PM. Reason: added picture
Old 02-18-2009, 07:30 PM

Well it's good to hear he'll be okay. Send him our thoughts and let him know we all wish him a speedy recovery.

Old 02-18-2009, 07:42 PM

Sorry, that does sound confusing. Jaybird was the thread starter and Jaynd posted in it. "...One of his posts" was referring to Jaynd.

There's an updated thread about his condition. He's alive but in a lot of pain. He'll make it is what I read.

Old 02-18-2009, 08:01 PM

Get well i know you can Jason

Old 02-18-2009, 09:44 PM

Give him my best. He is alive and young, he will be up and walking soon enough. Let him know when insurance pays him for his beauty, we need a new picture of him hugging his new bike. Maybe an 09 600rr. he has many friends on the board spread out amongst the country (or even world), let us know if we can do anything for him.

Old 02-18-2009, 10:38 PM

oh. thanks for clarifying. anyhow our bit of conversation is pretty moot. what does count is that we get this man back on his feet and back in the saddle before he has a chance to say no. anyone close enough to help with that?

on a side note...to kikepiz...any luck finding where that gif came from?

Old 02-18-2009, 11:04 PM

Prayers for a speedy recovery.

Originally Posted by jp_greenville13
on a side note...to kikepiz...any luck finding where that gif came from?
If you mean the "following too close stoppie" gif, it is from a group of riders on FM 455 between Anna and Celina, Texas. Group called "DFW Superbikes.com". Summer 2007. One of my favorite roads, has a bunch of 90 degree turns. The cage was with them and filming, it's from a long video until the very end!

Quick Reply: Rider Down...Prayers Needed