Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Rider down

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 02:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rider down

ORIGINAL: Shocktroop

Glad to hear he is OK. I often see pics of wrecked rides, and I ask myself, whyis it that everytime I see a wrecked bike, be it honda, kawi, yama or suzuki, it always seems like the honda holds up better> I've seen pics of hondas, and it's like,,,,, yea he crashed, but look at other pics of bikes and it's like, holy hell, he crashed it big time???? I know we are all partial to honda and all, but the others seem to really take a beating when they go down. I don't know the particulars of this crash, or any other thatI mention, so maybe I'm full of
****, but just an observation is all.
when i went down w/ a group of all kinds of bikes...everyone was impressed w/ how well the bike stayed together...the only thing that broke in a 30-35 mph left side low side to the dirt was the left rear set snapped off...but the shift linkage was still in place and they were able to shift it into neutral using their hands...i remember one guy saying specifically..."i put all this effort into shorty shift levers, and yours didnt even break off"

Old 03-12-2007, 02:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why do i get the feeling theres gonna be a post like this every other day, is it because dumbasses save all winter buy the baddest bike off the showroom floor, then wad it up before summer? happened to me last year, but my **** was far from new

Old 03-12-2007, 02:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well, he learned his lesson, hopefully....good thing hes ok though....

and that leaving the rider behind, thats just un-f*king-called for, some friends.

Old 03-12-2007, 10:54 PM

I think it wasn't that bad... Structurally I mean
Handlebars got broken (probably front brake lever as well,) but the whole rear is intact, the frame and fork don't look bent. just neeed to replace the front fairing (maybe salvage the windscreen and headlights) and the handlebar, and it should be functional again (scratched to hell, but still whole none the less)

Painful to see though, It was a beautiful bike.

Old 03-12-2007, 11:52 PM

ORIGINAL: Grlzridet0o69

We had a guy go down Friday evening and He didnt make it. he was mergin into traffic and got hit. It hit him off of the bridge, over it onto the under pass. The guys he was riding with ( know them and know they are posers) just left him there. Its sad, because when you ride with a group, you think its a good idea so someone can be there for you if something happens, but they just left him there to die. It was sad, i havent seen the ****heads yet, but they better not even talk about it. Cause i will call them out on it.

Still pisses me off thinking about it.
ARE YOU F**KING KIDDING ME? That is completely disgusting that they just left them there. Morally speaking I wanna turn them in for leaving the scene of a fellow rider. Dumb, irresponsible, period! I can't believe I even read this.

CALL THEM OUT ON IT? Did anyone stay to help? If not then, they are equally as guilty. RANT, RANT, RANT, RANT. I understand that in some situations it's everyone for themselves, but come on.

I'm sorry for highjacking this thread in any way. BUT, I just can't let this one go man. No one else should either. If you are not going to help me if I were to go down then go ride with someone else, cuz noone get's left behind! That's is suppose to be like a cardinal rule when ever you ride in groups or what not. UNBELIEVABLE. This is just disgusting. Especially if they knew the situation happened.

HOLY CRAP.[:@]

Old 03-13-2007, 12:35 AM

I could'nt agree more, Illushun, when we go out in groups you should feel confident that everyone there has your back. It's bad enough that ******** in their cars on the phone, reading the paper, dont pay attention we need all the help we can get out there, kinda like the 3 musketeers " all for one and one for all".
Ripper

Old 03-13-2007, 01:01 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You got to be kidding me!
They left him, did they even check on him? If by stopping they could of saved him, then they are all a bunch of murderers for leaving him in his time of need. Jeez it could been as simple as calling an ambulance or putting pressure on a bad cut to stop the bleeding.
Even if they were all squids with no licencses, I think saving somebody is a little more important than a ticket, or even your freaking bike!
F@#* this pisses me off.
I don't know about where you're at, but here, you leave the scene of an accident(even as a witness) and its a class 2 felony with a mandatory 30 days jail time.
Posers is too good for them. F#@! @!#$#!$$ @@#%$$$@#% %@@$$$@@#%%s#*t heads is more like it.

I would not want a fellow riders death on me. Damn straight its a cardinal rule. Every Biker should know that, We Are A Brother/Sisterhood!

Hopefully the karma police catch them soon and let them feel the pain they just caused. [:@][:'(][:@][:'(][:@][:@][:@][>:]

Old 03-13-2007, 11:47 AM

Yeah...I couldnt agree with you guys more. It made me sick at my stomach to hear about it. These guys are nothing more than posers. They are the reason i cant wear ICON and ride a GSXR 750,they all havethe GSXR 750just different color and they all have everything ICON. I love the icon stuff, but everyone here calls them the Posers of ICON. They have had thier bikes for a year or so and havent went down yet so they think they are the ****. We have rode with them, and they cant ride worth a ****. They met the guy that day and told him he was more than welcome to ride with them, then when he goes down they just leave him. Now everyone including the dudes family probally think all of us that ride around here are jerks. I didnt know the guy, but, i am just FUKN pissed over the whole deal. ITS NOT RIGHT. I havent seen these guys, but im sure they will be riding this weekend...trust me they will hear what i have to say about it.

KARMA is a BITCH...They havent went down yet...keyword there is yet. The best riders have went down...its just all in timing. Sad but True