Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Rider down

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 11:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rider down

ORIGINAL: ikhoudvanu199

as far as trashing the new ride...i joke nowthats its beautiful from the right side...and thats y im always in the left lane on the highway!
lol... nice

and yes... target fixation has victimized many riders! [:@]

Old 03-12-2007, 02:03 AM

where were you guys riding? I live in huntington beach, ca now but used to live in st. charles for 20years.
We were off 94 heading to Hermann. It was a nice road, lotsa twisties

did he have full coverage?
Yea, hes got full coverage, hes gonna have a big spike in insurance rates though...i dont think the paperwork's ink is even dry yet from getting the bike, lol

Old 03-12-2007, 02:06 AM

Wow, that bites, but hopefully everything works out, and it wasnt you!

Old 03-12-2007, 02:33 AM

Glad to hear he is OK. I often see pics of wrecked rides, and I ask myself, whyis it that everytime I see a wrecked bike, be it honda, kawi, yama or suzuki, it always seems like the honda holds up better> I've seen pics of hondas, and it's like,,,,, yea he crashed, but look at other pics of bikes and it's like, holy hell, he crashed it big time???? I know we are all partial to honda and all, but the others seem to really take a beating when they go down. I don't know the particulars of this crash, or any other thatI mention, so maybe I'm full of
****, but just an observation is all.

Old 03-12-2007, 03:49 AM

ORIGINAL: Shocktroop

Glad to hear he is OK. I often see pics of wrecked rides, and I ask myself, whyis it that everytime I see a wrecked bike, be it honda, kawi, yama or suzuki, it always seems like the honda holds up better> I've seen pics of hondas, and it's like,,,,, yea he crashed, but look at other pics of bikes and it's like, holy hell, he crashed it big time???? I know we are all partial to honda and all, but the others seem to really take a beating when they go down. I don't know the particulars of this crash, or any other thatI mention, so maybe I'm full of
****, but just an observation is all.
I talk alot of **** about the other brands but tell you the truth I think is the real low weights of the modern sportbikes that cause them to crumble like the way they do. Reducing frame/wheelmass that's only aluminum, making the body work thinner. I think the new 6RR/1KRR will probably suffer the same as the other brands in low to mid speed crashes. I guess an easier way to say it is they're not made like they're used to.[]

Old 03-12-2007, 03:59 AM

i disagree, sportbikes are becoming more and more agile, with technology surpassing the highest expectations within the sportbike generations. They get better and better each year, and yea, they try to get rid of heavy fairings and unneccessary metal, but thats to better the name of the king of motorcycles...Sportbikes.

Old 03-12-2007, 04:07 AM

Hey Leveltwo; where was it on 94 on the way to Hermann? When I wiped out it was about 8-10 miles east of Hermann on 94 - where the road is extremely hilly and twisty once you get past all of the farm fields.
Oh, I also saw Natoli in the one pic with his 636

Old 03-12-2007, 09:37 AM

We had a guy go down Friday evening and He didnt make it. he was mergin into traffic and got hit. It hit him off of the bridge, over it onto the under pass. The guys he was riding with ( know them and know they are posers) just left him there. Its sad, because when you ride with a group, you think its a good idea so someone can be there for you if something happens, but they just left him there to die. It was sad, i havent seen the ****heads yet, but they better not even talk about it. Cause i will call them out on it.

Still pisses me off thinking about it.

Old 03-12-2007, 10:58 AM

How Sad! leaving a riding mate behind to die??? I can't believe this. We always ride together. Got a lot of bad news lately especially the past week. Ride carefully guys & Gals

Old 03-12-2007, 02:20 PM

ORIGINAL: dwhite645

Hey Leveltwo; where was it on 94 on the way to Hermann? When I wiped out it was about 8-10 miles east of Hermann on 94 - where the road is extremely hilly and twisty once you get past all of the farm fields.
Oh, I also saw Natoli in the one pic with his 636
this was right before a twisty patch in an open field. It was an easy left turn but i think he just looked to the right, maybe looking at the edge of the road, and off he went, no brake, no sliding, just straight off the embankment

and yea that was mike, hes in town from montana for spring break, i would ask if you wanna ride, but....

Quick Reply: Rider down