Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Ride to Work Apparel

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 07:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ride to Work Apparel

I have to dress like that most of the time for work, but i don't ride to work all that much. It's just safer and less hassel to take the car. i work out on lunch so i need to bring alot of stuff. The freeway I have to take to get here is bad in a car at rush hour so it's like death on a bike. This spring I may ride to work some when i have the extra time to take the long way here and I'll do it on bike night since it's right down the street from my office.

Old 01-30-2008, 07:29 AM

I have to dress up everyday except Friday...I wear my dress pants and blouse, my motorcycle jacket and my racing boots...throw a pair of heels in my backpack and change at work...I also keep a spare pair of black heels at work that would go with anything in case I don't feel like toting a backpack that day...I shove my wallet and make-up under the seat! If you keep your bike clean, like I do, getting dirty isn't an issue!

Old 01-30-2008, 07:50 AM

For the shoes, I bought a pair of the Alpinestar Stella. They still allow walking flexability, and don't look like all out race boots.

For the slacks, I bought a pair of oversized jeans to wear over the slacks.

For the shirt, I'll wear whatever doesn't wrinkle that much.

My boss rides too, we don't ever have to meet any clients, and we're in the back of the office, so we pretty much do our own thing.

Old 01-30-2008, 08:06 AM

I've got the Stella SM-X 4 silver/black boots....LOVE THEM!!!

Old 01-30-2008, 08:16 AM

It REALLY sucks when it's raining. You get to work and your nice shoes are soaked your pants are soaked and you just want to go home. Make sure you have a car is my only piece of advice.... ask me how I know... lol

Mike

Old 01-30-2008, 08:56 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ALWAYS wear my riding boots when I'm on the bike. I like my ankles and toes.

Sometimes I'll wear Draggin' jeans (kevlar butt and knees), or I'll wear dress slacks under my Firstgear textile overpants, which does get kinda' warm.

I have a tank bag where I carry my dress shoes.

Old 01-30-2008, 09:11 AM
Ty

I'm just not into the "dressed up on a sport bike" look. If I need to do something where nice attire is expected, I drive. Too many compromises have to be made to ride a bike and wear nice clothes.

Old 01-30-2008, 10:35 AM

ORIGINAL: Munson

I ALWAYS wear my riding boots when I'm on the bike. I like my ankles and toes.

Sometimes I'll wear Draggin' jeans (kevlar butt and knees), or I'll wear dress slacks under my Firstgear textile overpants, which does get kinda' warm.

I have a tank bag where I carry my dress shoes.
I know before I said that I wear boots when it's raining - but I also only have a 3 mile commute, so I take a risk in wearing dress shoes instead of boots when i'm commuting. I take a similar risk when I wear mesh instead of leather when it's super hot outside. I'm huge on being as safe as possible, but gotta risk a little bit from time to time - if my commute was 10+ miles i'd also always wear boots. On my commute I never go over 40mph :-)

Old 01-31-2008, 02:50 PM

I get to wear jeans and a nice shirt almost every day to work, but I still put riding pants on over themsince I take the highway in. I've been merged on too many times alreadyduring themorning rush hour to risk comfort over safety. I also put my niceshoes in a backpack and wear boots while riding.