Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Ride to Work Apparel

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 08:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ride to Work Apparel

So, how many of you have a job that requires you to dress business casual? Being that it's such a broad term these days, I'm talking like Khakis and a polo. If you ride to workdaily, how do you keep your attire clean? Gear over? Change when you get to work? Maybe some don't even bother?

Old 01-29-2008, 08:11 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Ride to Work Apparel

I dont 'yet' but prolly will have to wear something similar when I get a job in IT. But I plan on wearing as much gear as posible for my ride to work. I may leave the leather pants at home. But I'd prolly leave a pair of shoes at work and change from my riding boot there. Depends on the commute too, if I have to ride from here (Dalton) to say Atlanta, then I'll wear full gear for that 90+ mile trip esp in the nuthouse ATL traffic.

Old 01-29-2008, 08:27 PM

I just wore my jacket over my dress shirt and never had a problem with anything getting dirty.

Old 01-29-2008, 09:43 PM

I ware a jacket over my shirts and joe rocket textiles over my pants if they are light colored, if they are black then screw it.

I also keep a pair of dress shoes in the office so I can wear boots if it's raining.

Old 01-29-2008, 11:31 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

i have to wear khakis and a blue dress shirt so i just have my jacket over but sometimes the pants do get messy

Old 01-30-2008, 12:01 AM

I kept a cut sock to go on the outside of my dress shoe (keep it clean from the shifter) and I always had an iron in my office to tidy up my wrinkled shirt (from my jacket). I also had a back-up "just-in-case" shirt and tie hanging in my office. Oh, I would place a towel on my desk to act as the ironing board.

Keep your tie (if you wear one) tucked in! I got to work one day and my tie was basically shredded from flapping in the wind. Hence the back-up tie.

Old 01-30-2008, 12:20 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

dress shoes on a sportbike ummm. And we make fun of squids lol

Old 01-30-2008, 12:30 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm having troubles imagining a dress shoe with a sock over it... - Sounds dangerous

I rode in 2x so far- black slacks (NO protection there...) - Black boots (Barely even notice them compared to dress shoes), and Jacket over the top - no problems, other than cold legs from the thin pants...

Old 01-30-2008, 12:52 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wear dark Khaki's or pants with either a dress shirt or polo shirt. I just wear my gear over my clothes. Never had an issue with them getting dirty before.

Old 01-30-2008, 06:44 AM
VP

I just wore a backpack with my work shoes in there and wore tennis shoes for the road then when I got to work I would just switch them out... I just wore my jacket over my shirt and tie every day no problems there... if wrinkles really bug you start having your dry cleaning delivered to the office then just change there

Quick Reply: Ride to Work Apparel