Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

The Reuslts are In

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 02:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: The Reuslts are In

ORIGINAL: Shocktroop

Thats cheap. In texas, it starts at 2 bills. A quick BS story, was in my truck, a big lifted dodge crew-cab, limo tink all way around with an 18in brow of the same tint, nice looking truck, and at this intersection, I turn left to go into a gas station and a trooper pulls out from the right and circles behind me and hits the lights. I pull into the gas station, and he comes up and tells me I can't have a plate holder that partially blocks Texas on the plate....I don't know what moron couldn't tell it was a texas plate, but oh well, then he asks about my tint and where I got the truck inspected. I said the truck came with the inspection sticker as it was pretty new to me. So he doesn't have his tint gauge but writes me a ticket for the brow comming down lower than the ASi 4in mark. As hes writting me the ticket, jeb clampet and his crew roll by in some POS buik, three shades of primer, no inspection, no registration stickers, kids playing on the dash and mom holding a baby in the front seat! He just smiles and waves and keeps writting me the ticket. Well, the ticket falls under equipment failure, and it was 275.00 I saw the price list on the back of the ticket....and unrestrained child under the age of 4 is 110.00! So...it's ok for junior to exit the front windshield at a high rate of speed, but ohhhh ****, don't be cruisin around with dark windows,,no, no no Wheres thier damn priorities you wonder.....ok, sorry, rant off
they enacted that law like 2 years ago i think...you are not allowed to have a plate holder that obstructs the words Texas on the license plate. So if you buy a new car and it has the dealerships license frame on it, it normally covers the lettering. i think it is more of probably cause to get you pulled over, then they can start digging for something more juicy.

also, in Texas...window tint laws are as follows:

Rear windows, windshield and doors can be any darkness, you can spray paint them if you want. up to 0% light transmissions.

the front windows have to be no less than 25%.

do you know what your actual tint percentage of light transmission is? cause i dont know a single human who can tell by eye. 20% and 25% look identical to me, so he could not have ever really known.

Old 12-14-2006, 03:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A couple of weeks ago, I was driving to Vegas from LA and right outside Victorville on the 15, I drive past 6 or 7 CHP cruisers on the shoulder with like a bunch of cars pulled over. I pass them going 70-75 and one of them pulls from the shoulder behind me and turns on his lights. Tells me CHP aircraft caught me going 90+. How do I fight something like that????

The scary part was right after Barstow, there was another 4 or 5 CHP cruisers on the shoulder with people pulled over too.

Old 12-14-2006, 09:29 PM

ORIGINAL: rrasco

ORIGINAL: Shocktroop

Thats cheap. In texas, it starts at 2 bills. A quick BS story, was in my truck, a big lifted dodge crew-cab, limo tink all way around with an 18in brow of the same tint, nice looking truck, and at this intersection, I turn left to go into a gas station and a trooper pulls out from the right and circles behind me and hits the lights. I pull into the gas station, and he comes up and tells me I can't have a plate holder that partially blocks Texas on the plate....I don't know what moron couldn't tell it was a texas plate, but oh well, then he asks about my tint and where I got the truck inspected. I said the truck came with the inspection sticker as it was pretty new to me. So he doesn't have his tint gauge but writes me a ticket for the brow comming down lower than the ASi 4in mark. As hes writting me the ticket, jeb clampet and his crew roll by in some POS buik, three shades of primer, no inspection, no registration stickers, kids playing on the dash and mom holding a baby in the front seat! He just smiles and waves and keeps writting me the ticket. Well, the ticket falls under equipment failure, and it was 275.00 I saw the price list on the back of the ticket....and unrestrained child under the age of 4 is 110.00! So...it's ok for junior to exit the front windshield at a high rate of speed, but ohhhh ****, don't be cruisin around with dark windows,,no, no no Wheres thier damn priorities you wonder.....ok, sorry, rant off
they enacted that law like 2 years ago i think...you are not allowed to have a plate holder that obstructs the words Texas on the license plate. So if you buy a new car and it has the dealerships license frame on it, it normally covers the lettering. i think it is more of probably cause to get you pulled over, then they can start digging for something more juicy.

also, in Texas...window tint laws are as follows:

Rear windows, windshield and doors can be any darkness, you can spray paint them if you want. up to 0% light transmissions.

the front windows have to be no less than 25%.

do you know what your actual tint percentage of light transmission is? cause i dont know a single human who can tell by eye. 20% and 25% look identical to me, so he could not have ever really known.
You can spray paint your windshield???? Hmmmmm

Window Tint Laws

MDFF

Old 12-14-2006, 10:58 PM

I've always taken those speed monitored by aircraft signs to be bs. I was told an interesting thing by a truck driver buddy of mine. He said that when you get a ticket just send in a check and overpay the ticket by like 5 bucks. They will then send you a check for the amount that you overpayed and when you receive it dont ever cash it. He said that if you don't cash it they can never finalize the paperwork on your ticket so it never goes through......so no ticket on record. I dont know if it works, may be the rantings of a drunk trucker.

Old 12-14-2006, 11:18 PM

ya, those aircraft radar signs are sometimes BS

you know how to tell if they are deff BS or if they might actually be using aircraft? if, after one of those signs, you see 2 large, thick white lines running perpendicular to the road...then they might be true...they use these lines to clock you, they start clocking at one line, and stop at the other, and the lines are a set distance apart(1/4mi, 1/2mi, 1mi, etc) so they can calculate how fast u r going.

Old 12-14-2006, 11:20 PM

ORIGINAL: jaghunter

I've always taken those speed monitored by aircraft signs to be bs. I was told an interesting thing by a truck driver buddy of mine. He said that when you get a ticket just send in a check and overpay the ticket by like 5 bucks. They will then send you a check for the amount that you overpayed and when you receive it dont ever cash it. He said that if you don't cash it they can never finalize the paperwork on your ticket so it never goes through......so no ticket on record. I dont know if it works, may be the rantings of a drunk trucker.

ill have to try that one next time i get a ticket...hopefully it wont come soon.

Old 12-14-2006, 11:43 PM

I dont think thats true at all. When I lived with my parents I got a ticket and over paid on accident. They sent me a check for the amount that was over paid ($14.00), but my mom forgot to give it to me till it was to late(90 days I think it was). So the check was never cashed but the traffic violation was still on my record. Different state though.