Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Reckless driving ticket help

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 06:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Reckless driving ticket help

ORIGINAL: fuze

Yea running is dumb. I'm saying he could have took a few turns instead of going straight and avoided the whole situation. That's not running to me i dunno maybe it is.
I dont call that running. Thats out smarting them lol. I am refering to those that choose to use our unfair power/speed advantage.

Old 11-23-2007, 07:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FIGHT THE POWER....

Old 11-23-2007, 07:34 PM
Retired Moderator

Runningcould hurt or kill people...people besides just you. Iwonder how much adreniline you have to "overcome" in a situation like that. Danja, danja, danja! Besides, if you get caught, your *** is in a bigger sling than it wasto begin with! Maybe Iwas just given an extra helping of common sense...

Old 11-23-2007, 09:18 PM
RCR

ORIGINAL: NeverL8

ORIGINAL: RCR

Is it lawer time?
whats that?
one that barely passed the bar\[&:]

Have too much to lose. No running for me, but would of been wise to change my direction.

It just kills me with that harsh of a ticket for a wheel loft. the cop has to know the difference between a wheelie (stunting vs loft) and maybe gave a lessor ticket. I also have not had a motorcycle ticket since I was 17, that was 21 years ago.

Im going to do the research,pics and fight it myself. a lawyer I talked with today gave a ball park of $1500.00 min to fight it[:@]

Old 11-23-2007, 09:36 PM
Friend and Hero ...

Okay first of all. Not going to argue the issue of running or not running that's flogging a dead horse around here. Regardless of which side of the fence you are on, in all seriousness, the proper thing to have done was just slow down and put some space between you and the van until you could complete a proper safe pass. But hindsight is 20/20 isn't it and we have all probably at some time or another been frustrated and done exactly what you did. I would personally argue for a ticket for the offense in which you committed illegal passing or speeding and I personally hate lawyers. But our system is structured so that an individual almost cannot represent themselves with a good outcome so if it's the principle and not the money get a lawyer if you really want to **** them off ask for a trial by jury, it's your right

Old 11-23-2007, 10:14 PM

ORIGINAL: timpeet

if it was me i would get a lawyer i wouldnt listen to an "internet lawyers" not over something like this thats just my 2 cents
I would have to agree with him...
blaming the cop the mini van or some random flying squirrels wont do you any good just get a lawyer.

Old 11-23-2007, 11:42 PM

...that sucks, some cops...except last night i was stoped by a cop that stoped me about 2 months ago forthe same thing...Loitering LOL but this time it wasnt at 2 am,

Old 11-24-2007, 12:11 AM

ORIGINAL: HARDCORP 8654

But our system is structured so that an individual almost cannot represent themselves with a good outcome
When a lawyer quotes you a certain amount, usually it means that's how much it costs to find out how good of friends he is with the city attorney. I've seen it happen in front of me, the judge has nothing to do with it: your lawyer makes a deal with the city's lawyer based on what will benefit them the most and you're left holding whatever they decide--good, bad, or ugly. The judge is only there to make it orally and irrevocably official. What's worse, if you try and defend yourself, the city attorney will see to it you're left holding nothing but a big fine, traffic school, community service, and a seven year probation cherry on top.

Old 11-24-2007, 09:56 AM

ORIGINAL: fuze

Yea running is dumb. I'm saying he could have took a few turns instead of going straight and avoided the whole situation. That's not running to me i dunno maybe it is.
+1 on BMG's advice... dip out next time while you have the chance.... You accelerated hard enough to power wheelie in front of a cop that was busy, and let him come get you. I wouldn't lawyer up but thats just me, unless your license is in danger.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!

At least one person understands what I am talking about.

It's legal...

What it is not is letting yourself become a victim twice.

Old 11-24-2007, 04:26 PM

Yeah, I've never "ran" in the sense that I dump it when I see blue lights.

But I get moving if i pass a cop and see any indicator that he might come after me. Maybe it shouldn't be second nature, but it is.

It always works best if you know the area and the advantages of your vehicle: On my F4i or in my focus, I hit curvy roads and get the hell into the next county.
In my'78 F150, I crossed a dairy farm to ditch a GSP charger.

But, as someone said before, it's potentially stupid, and it's your perogative if you want to risk it or not.

Also, it might be better not to run if you're in an area you drive through really often, and your bike/ride is really unique.

And this is a really long post, but the CBR is getting tires, so i got alot of time on my hands.

Quick Reply: Reckless driving ticket help