Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Reckless driving ticket help

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 10:18 AM
RCR
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reckless driving ticket help

Need opinions to fight this ticket, Should I lawer up or go solo cause I amfighting it??? It's long but explains everything that happened..

I was at a stop light on an overpass when the light turned green, I took off normal with traffic and a mini van getting off the freeway pulled out in front of me causing me to let off the throttle. It was two lanes I was in the right lane and the van went to the left lane (not a big deal just had to slow down) the van was about 10' in front of me and in the next lane. Well the lady now starts coming into my lane and Im about 5' from her rear now so I drop a gear and crack the throttle to pass this crazy bitch before she runs me over. Well the front tire comes up about 10" for about 6 to 10' (this was not a wheelie it was from the power to pass her). Needless to say a highway patrol officer was in a parking lot giving a ticket to someone and saw the pass. I saw him too. I just kept going at the speed limit and thought at the next light maybe I should turn just incase. I figured it was no big deal.

1 Mile down the street Here he comes flying up on me and passing cars like crazy. gets behind me while I was at yet another stop light and gets on his loud speaker "PULL OVER RIGHT NOW.. RIGHT NOW" he had the street blocked at an angle so no one could pass. I pulled into a parking lot and he didn't just pull up behind me he passed me and turned around to point his car at an angle facing me(as if he had a dash cam)as he was doing this I took off my gloves and got off the bike and he got back on the speaker and said get back on the bike. So I did. when he got out of his car I took off my helmet and smiled (with a look of really you pulled me over for that) He popped off with what are you smiling at!!!!! At this point I new to not say anything. First thing he asked are you drinking? No I said. License and Reg was next and I asked if I could get off the bike to get it from the trunk. He took the paper work and walked away. didn't talk to me or anything. after a few minutes he called me over to give me the ticket.

As soon as I saw the ticketon his hood for reckless driving, I couldn't stay quite anymore. I said are you serious reckless thats a bit extreme don't you think.He agian popped off with extreme I can impound your bike and give you two more tickets if I want to. Agian I shut up wanted to keep the bike. He goes off on a rant and explains he's trying to keep me alive and yada yada yada and then the clincher is when he said There was a bike that looked just like this one riding a wheelie last week..........

I got a ticket for some one elses wheelie, He was a ***** the whole time.

Here is my question's
Do you think he had a dash cam? and how could I find out and get it into court if he did? cause he was the one reckless driving to chase me (he was still giving the other car a ticket when this happened and it took him one full mile to catch up to me)

It's a misdomeanor (felony) ticket. Is it lawer time?

There are no laws on the books about wheelies (Explanation of one) so tickets are givin at LEO's discretion.

Trust me IM no angel and I do ride wheelies but not in traffic or main roads but this ticket is BS for what it was...

Old 11-23-2007, 10:57 AM
Default RE: Reckless driving ticket help

You pretty much cant miss a dash cam on a cop's dash. It's right there. But if he does, he'll bring it to court with him.

Dont know about getting a money sucker but if you go solo all you can do explain what happpened. EXPLAIN IN DETAIL. The more detail you can give the better the arguement. Tell him you were going the the speed limit the whole time and you "slowed" down when the minivan came, so when you were passing her you weren't going over the speed limit since you slowed down.

You lowered a gear so the rpms went higher, BUT kepted the same speed. You gave it a little too much throttle and weren't leaning forward at the time and the wheel popped up.

NOW DONT SAY:

That you pop wheelies..............EVER!!!!

Not sure if saying the cop was being a dick will help

Also saying that he was driving crazy to catch up to you and block off traffic. Thats a 50/50 chance might help.

Money sucker or solo all you have is words. Either the judge is gonna listen or bend you over and fudge you.

Old 11-23-2007, 11:23 AM
Registered Users

if it was me i would get a lawyer i wouldnt listen to an "internet lawyers" not over something like this thats just my 2 cents

Old 11-23-2007, 04:03 PM

I saw him too. I just kept going at the speed limit and thought at the next light maybe I should turn just incase. I figured it was no big deal.
At this point, you were not being arrested or even pursued.

It's at times like these that you start exploring the wonderous thrill of acceleration and the thrilling sport of street
and highway and bi-way zig zagging.

This is not running.

It's not resisting arrest.

At the point I highlighted above it's merely a normal reaction that occurs when you have adrenelin pumpimg from doing such a great
job using your bike to car acceleration superiority to both dodge some idiot bitch who should not even have a licencse, and also
using it to now solidify that feeling by not being pulled by some steroidal female , dressed as a male bubble gum machine with the
world's smallest winky.

Get it...

You make like calm crazy...look for areas of low visibility and if possible a friends garage, go in the garage, close
the door, be quiet for at least an hour...so as not to excite your neighbors
with your dance of happiness.

Seriously, there is some good advice here. Just read between the lines.

Old 11-23-2007, 04:04 PM

ORIGINAL: timpeet

if it was me i would get a lawyer i wouldnt listen to an "internet lawyers" not over something like this thats just my 2 cents

Ouch. Did I just get e-thugg'd?

Old 11-23-2007, 04:10 PM

Upon entering the wold again a new color shirt, pants, and helmet borrowed from a freind or if you made it to your garage
and your home...stay there.

It works. I've seen Youtube vids of guys racing and getting clocked and doing the where the hell am I going so fast and
using this crazy pattern to get to my destination.

Old 11-23-2007, 04:39 PM

+1 on BMG's advice... dip out next time while you have the chance.... You accelerated hard enough to power wheelie in front of a cop that was busy, and let him come get you. I wouldn't lawyer up but thats just me, unless your license is in danger.

Old 11-23-2007, 05:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: RCR

Is it lawer time?
whats that?

Old 11-23-2007, 05:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

take your chances in court. All a lawyer is gonna do is cost you more $$. As far as running from the law. Only fools do it, so you decide if its worth it. It My opinion offends anyones GTFU and get over it, because running gives us all a bad name and eventually someone gets killed doing the dumb **** because some lameass told em it was cool.

Old 11-23-2007, 06:07 PM

Yea running is dumb. I'm saying he could have took a few turns instead of going straight and avoided the whole situation. That's not running to me i dunno maybe it is.

Quick Reply: Reckless driving ticket help