Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

REALLY COOL HARLEY RIDER

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 10:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default REALLY COOL HARLEY RIDER

Last night I stopped to get gas on the way home, this fella on a harley is getting on his bike as I am getting off the 954, we give the nod and the hello, and then as I am walking in the store he unloads shaking the windows in the store. I look and laugh I yell " thats about all its good for is making a bunch of noise". Needless to say I got the middle finger! What makes the people turn into such @$$holes? Is there a paper they sign with the purchase of a Harley?

Just wondering, Chad

Old 10-10-2006, 12:47 PM
Retired Moderator
Default RE: REALLY COOL HARLEY RIDER

The guy that owns the gym I go to (SUPER nice guy), has a Harley. He has talked about changing his pipes three times and pulled the baffles out because he wasn't loud enough. It is part of the mentality of ownership. You should read the thread about "who rides a Harley". Similar venting on that thread.

Old 10-10-2006, 02:04 PM

For those that think "Loud Pipes Save Lives", consider this.

My best friend since I was 11 years old has a Harley. Straight pipes and that thing is LOUD!!!

We went on a trip with them and he was leading and we were following on my Goldwing. As most of you probably know, a Goldwing is about as quiet a bike as you can get. Anyway, we were following him and couldn't even hardly hear the stereo in our helmets. After a while my wife says to pass him and take the lead because she's getting a headache. As an obedient husband, I do as my wife commands.

Once I get in front, I have to keep checking to see if he's still back there because I never heard him again.

So much for that theory... you still can't hear them until they are right beside you or in front!

Old 10-10-2006, 02:14 PM
Retired Moderator

I saw a funny sticker on a guy's helmet that said "loud wives lose lives".

Old 10-10-2006, 11:11 PM

I know a harley rider thats pretty cool, but have met a ton of em who are total ******. the louder is better thing is a harley mentality, I just dont understand it, other than saying hey look at my expensive bike.

as far as I'm concerned, the cool ones, like my friend mentioned above, are welcome to ride next to me any time, but the ******, can go F themselves.

Old 10-11-2006, 01:14 AM

Seen allot of harley bashing lately...but we all preach about whatever makes you happy??? Well, not criticizing anyones thought here, we all have out own opinion and I agree with 99.99% of you guys. I know some guys who ride harleys and are total cool dudes, and I know some ******** also......I also know ******** on sportbikes, as well as cool ones....see where I'm gettin at? In my experience...its the 25-40y/o range that are ****** with a chip on their shoulder, and the 18 y/o chumps on sportbikes I see blastin around acting stupid.....theres the good and bad of all riders of every bike, as with anything.......

Old 10-11-2006, 11:28 AM

I woulkd love to know what makes them tick, there is a gas station right out side work and some morinings I stop there to get a snack. This dude on a Harley stops in to get gas and has to rev the **** out of his bike every time. It has open headers it's 5:30 am, I ask why, what is the point?

Old 10-11-2006, 12:34 PM

Personally I don't really care for loud pipes and my daughter who is 7 does not like harleys because of the loud pipes she says it hurts her ears. I can understand guys wanting to hear that sound. It is like going to the drag strip and hearing the sound of the dragsters. It is a sound that is associated with power. I usually rev mine alittle after I start it (after I have been riding and stopped not on a cold start) I feel like it does not bog down from the unburnt fuel in the cylinders when I take off. Put some guys do it to get people to turn and look. I even rev it allitle at red lights if it is a long light and I have been sitting at idle. Probably doesn't make a differance but I do it anyway....... After saying all that anyone interested in a D&D for a F3. Went to Yoshi

Old 10-11-2006, 01:03 PM

I'm not bashing Harley's, I know some sportbike riders who do the same just not as loud. The group of guys I ride with is very diverse sport, harleys, and some custom choppers, but damn man reving it to get someone to look and your bike or you gets on my nerves like the dumb *** kid who has the 800.00 dollar car and the 2000.00 dollars system that viberates the mirrors on my bike, thats cool you like your music, maybe I don't. Just trying to get some attention. Ya can't beat the cool *** harley guys, might be your dentist by day and bones the badass harley guy in the evening.

Old 10-11-2006, 02:05 PM

It sounds to me like you insulted the guy by yelling out that his bike being loud is all is good for....it would be like someone making a smart *** remark about my 929 I would do the same or knock someones teeth out. I also know a couple guys that ride Harleys and the are cool as hell but most of them do think they are the **** and are rude by not saying hello. I still wave at them even if I dont get a wave back cause I'm the better man in faster bike.

Quick Reply: REALLY COOL HARLEY RIDER