Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

A Rant From a Cop

Old 04-19-2007, 08:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A Rant From a Cop

This is from another place, and a person that I don't know but I thought that you might actual read it and gain alittle bit of respect for the people that are there to save your ***. I get tired of reading posts about people getting tickets for things that they know are wrong, thenblaming the pigs forit.

Well, here it is...

Folks;

I actually took this career path because it disturbed me to see so many victims and I was sure I was the one who would make a difference.

During my career, I have employed compassion, empathy, negotiating skills, and decency in an effort to be someone who people would actually be left with the feeling that you mater after we leave. I could write a book, no, ten books about the things I've seen in your living rooms, bedrooms, streets and alleys. But I won't because I am not talented enough and most of it would be in poor taste.

I see that this forum has a variety of genre. I see the intelligent people trying to provoke thought and engage other people’s minds. I see the sick, disturbed people who have found an audience for which they can share their disturbing thoughts. I see those in between who are just passing through musing at the fodder of all the rest. And of course we now know that Kim Jong lives in the Salt Lake Valley. So, perhaps this is to fall upon deaf ears. But what the hell, I can't send it to the paper because they sell entertainment and this isn't very entertaining. But at the risk of boring, pissing off, maligning, inadvertently offended, or maybe even causing someone to think a little, here goes.

1. Complaints from citizens

People, for the love of everything holly, why do you call us for some of this absolute ****? People are always saying "don't you guys have anything better to do?" when we show up at their home for some moronic reason. Well guess hat? They are right! We have so much more to do. Why do you use us as swords to wield at your neighbor? Why do you use us as leverage mechanisms in you’re screwed up personal relationships? You say we are all fat, lazy, or no good. So why is it every time you want to threaten, scare or **** off an ex, a neighbor, a family member etc. the first statement that rolls off of your lips is "I'm gonna call the cops on you if,,,,,,

Let me use yesterday as an example. Noon, its 59 degrees and I get a call from a guy whose neighbor’s dog has been left in a car. I get there, the windows are cracked, and the dog has only been in there 20 minutes. It’s 59 Degrees! It’s not summer and if it were the dead of winter I'd say the car is a $20,000 dog house. But it turns out this guy has a running dispute with his neighbor so guess who he calls to irritate the guy a little more? Me. When I go to leave, the ******* that called this in yells, "hey, aren't you gonna do anything?" I explain why I am not and he says "great, I'm writing a letter to the paper" Holly ****. Now I'm the bad guy because I didn't embarrass your target enough for you? Grow the hell up.

1:30 PM. Mom calls in a child abuse report on the ex. Turns out the only abuse was that he is a half hour late returning from his turn with the girl. The poor guy has two of us at his door and all his neighbors watching. But we have to respond and gladly respond to every call because of the fact that every now and then, it’s real. So we can't pick and choose and no, I don't have a crystal ball installed next to my MDC so I can see into the future. Another 90 minutes wasted on a revenge complaint. And yes, the ex got what she wanted. All the neighbors are now murmuring that this guy might be a psycho because after all, there were police officers in his home. Now his neighbors have a hard on for him and they are going to start calling us everything a bike gets stolen or a potted plant comes up missing. 3:15 PM. Car just stolen from the parking lot of a grocery store. The RP left the car running for just a minute wh

Old 04-19-2007, 08:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A Rant From a Cop

i feel ya and i have been given breaks lots of times by cops so i got no beef on the other hand i have had a cop follow me for about a town or two then pull me over right by the impound and tow me for well he said he could hear my music from across a parking lot when it was 2am ya u could also hear my talking at 2am but thats not the point i dont call the cops ever but if i did it would be life and death u can trust me on that one so good job keep giveing people like me breaks cause im dumb and i will do dumb things but i dont mean any harm

black hair
brown eyes
5'11
dark skin

just kidding

Old 04-19-2007, 08:49 PM

i dont think ALL COPS are ********... some actually try to do their f'in jobs. but a vast majority of them are the kids who got picked on in school or never had many friends and now they are out to get revenge! these are the cops who pull you over for no apparrent reason and when you ask, "is there a problem officer" or "sir, why did you pull me over?" they fumble for an excuse. then they say something like "i'll ask the questions here, SON!" i am NOT your f**king SON d*ckhead! most of the cops out there abuse their authority and get away with it. but like i said there are some good, hard working, decent police officers around. and for them i am very grateful!

Old 04-19-2007, 09:02 PM

good post. you know, there are also non emergency numbers for the police as well. like, if your house was burglarized, dont call 911 unless you see the guy walking away with your stuff. call the non emergency number. i know my local one by heart, and its on speed dial. 204-SAPD. i say this because whenever i do have to call 911 (bad accident, etc) i get a message that says, do you need fire, police, or medical care? i then get a "please hold all of our operaters are currently busy..." that means too many asshats are calling to report their neighbors dogs in their cars.

Old 04-19-2007, 09:24 PM

I don't call the cops...period.

I depend on myself to protect and defend my home.

So...though I can EM-pathize with your rant...don't care for the "you bitch about us, then we are the first ones you call."

The only reason I might call you is if I ever have to shoot someone in self-defense, like someone breaking into my home, or assaulting me.

Then I'll call ya to come pick up the body.

Thanks for all the help...

Old 04-19-2007, 10:12 PM

It's not *my rant*, like I stated it came from somewhere else...and I'm a Lead Engineer, not a cop.

Just posting an alternate point of view to the kids I read here a lot of the time.

Old 04-19-2007, 11:14 PM
Banned

Maybe I would believe that crap if they didn't spend 90% of their time trying to catch speeders to generate revenue. Maybe the guy in the patrol guy isn't an *******, but his boss is, that is the problem.

Old 04-19-2007, 11:16 PM

I don't call the cops...period.

I depend on myself to protect and defend my home.

So...though I can EM-pathize with your rant...don't care for the "you bitch about us, then we are the first ones you call."

The only reason I might call you is if I ever have to shoot someone in self-defense, like someone breaking into my home, or assaulting me.

Then I'll call ya to come pick up the body.

Thanks for all the help...
+++1

Old 04-20-2007, 12:26 AM

all this says to me is that I'm supposed to pay for stupid peoples mistakes? I feel bad that the cops have to deal with it, but it's voluntary, and cops still don't have my respect.

Old 04-20-2007, 12:38 AM
Retired Moderator

I wonder how life would be without a police force...good luck! Anarchy is lame. Some of them will bust your ***** (or ovaries), but they are not a medicine chest. You can't take what you want, when you want it, and be indifferent the rest of the time. LEO = good in my opinion.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A Rant From a Cop