Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Rant about our friends south of the border

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 01:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rant about our friends south of the border

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

Don't know what to say fellas...I can't stand anyone that has no class, and no respect for their surroundings, either. In my area, Southern Oregon,it is 95% white so the only rude,lazy, non-tax paying (welfare), losers are white trash. I just think it matters where you are located geographically...that will dictate what kind oftape worm you have. Another thing, when I was growing up and us kids would get out of line, we would get our asses beaten. There was no time out, or standing in a corner, or counting to three. I don't think that it is a cultural thing, but social commentary about the youth of today in general. They have grown up without the rod. Anyway, my .02...

Jimbo, soy medio mexicano. Estoy apprendiendo espanol...
That's a great way to put it. I used to live in New Mexico and we had the same thing happen with the Hispanics. Kids running wild, and really no respect for it seemed like anything. Don't get me wrong, I'm not racist at all. Some of my best friends that were Hispanic, but for the most part it was a real problem in Albuquerque. Then I moved up here to Montana where you’re more likely to see a Bald Eagle than a Mexican (seriously). Completely different story. It's about like Voodoo said... I would say 99% of the rude, lazy losers are white trash.

Edit: Very well put! I think I have seen the biggest change. Moving from New Mexico to Montana is a HUGE change and shows that the bad parenting has nothing to do with race (didn't we already know that) but has more with where you are located.
ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC

bad parenting CAN NOT be attributed to race...bad parenting is attributed to the parents...but i don't expect those without children to understand.

lead people in the right path steer them towards the light, but do not judge...or else you too will be judged...sound familiar?

Old 06-11-2007, 01:06 PM

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC

bad parenting CAN NOT be attributed to race...bad parenting is attributed to the parents...but i don't expect those without children to understand.

lead people in the right path steer them towards the light, but do not judge...or else you too will be judged...sound familiar?

Well said!

Old 06-11-2007, 01:23 PM

Like I said in my original post, I am not racist. I was making a statement based on personal observation. I know all about white trash... I live in Tennessee. Doesn't get much white-trashier than here... ok well maybe in Alabama. Haha! I'm an equal opportunity offender!

Jimbo, I don't really understand your question, but yes they are Mexicans. I work in Dalton, GA which is sometimes called the Mexico City of the South. A lot of my customers don't speak any English at all. They seem like nice people, but they just let their kids do whatever the hell they want.

Old 06-11-2007, 01:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no...most probably aren't racists...but the line does get blurred very easily...
recipe for hate....
start with a little bit of stereotyping in joking manners...then a bit of discrimination...and before you know it...add in some blame and attribute all types of problems to one race...
let it brew...and before you know it...the hate grows and grows...then a war begins...it's happened before and if we're not careful...it'll happen again.

ORIGINAL: mannyrios
I'm not Mexican, but I am from Puerto Rico. Which makes me a Latino!
whatever dude...same difference...oh mang...just playing mang...i know i know...bad tahoe...negated everything i said before ;-)

same deal goes for asians...the masses tend to link us all into 1 group...annoying? yes...but it's ok...because my siggy says it all!

Old 06-11-2007, 01:44 PM
Retired Moderator

...some of my best friends are Puerto Rican...and Asian. I don't care if they are brown, black, yellow, green, or purple.

(These are two of my favorite phrases when discussing race relations)

Old 06-11-2007, 01:47 PM

I will say that Asians and Latinos/Hispanics contribute some beautiful women to the world.

Old 06-11-2007, 01:54 PM
Retired Moderator

I just think the purple people make ugly babies.... I'll tell you what, when mama and I were on our honeymoon in Costa Rica, I couldn't believe how absolutely, naturally beautiful the women there were. I wasn't going aroung wanting to pull one off or anything, but I was just amazed...strinkingly beautiful women in such high concentrations!

Old 06-11-2007, 01:58 PM

well, i dont have respect for anyone that doesn't have respect for thier surroundings, this can be anyone of any color, look at these people who have yards full of trash and old broke down cars and lawn mowers. Its not a certain race, its a certain kind of person that was not raised with any kind of responsibility and not taught what is right and respectful.

I do understand what you guys are talking about tho.

Old 06-11-2007, 02:15 PM

Okay, but like I said...what about the Asian's, German's and the other people from across the pond who die trying to get over here? Hell, I think that in some area's of Japan, if you have more than 1 kid they either kill the next one or take it from you or something like that. Those parents have to be hurting inside. When they want to come to the "Land of the Free", they have to go through all kinds of stuff and most of the time they can only stay for like 5 years or something then they have to go back. WTF?! Treated equal/equal opp. my ***. No matter who you are, if you're White, black, brown, purple, yellow...whoever, if you want to live in this Country, you should abide by the laws of this Country and so on. It's not so much a matter of which race does what but a matter of this Government falling apart.

Old 06-11-2007, 02:23 PM

Yeah i understand where you are coming from with that...

Quick Reply: Rant about our friends south of the border