Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Random as S***

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 10:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Random as S***

ORIGINAL: rangerscott

I dont believe in crap like that and superstinchins.

Word

Old 10-09-2007, 08:36 AM

I agree with SpiritRR, it's more of a second chance. I do believe God tries to tell us things though with that sort of stuff, I've had similar things happen to me which made me change my mind for the better. If it really scares you, then don't ride. You don't want to get on a bike unless you are 100% confident. Any uncertainty and you will second guess yourself, and then you will wreck. But I wouldn't let that one incident change my mind about riding. A week after I took the MSF course about 4 people died or wereinjured in bike accidents that were friends of friends of mine. It made me think, but I still went ahead and got my liscense and bought a bike.

Old 10-09-2007, 08:50 AM

I never really feel bad for the people who die or get injured on a motorcycle or doing anything they love when I think about all the people that don't ride because they are afraid. We are all out there living and when I go I know I'll be able to say that I have no regrets.

It's just like William Wallace said,

"Aye, fight and you may die, run, and you'll live... at least a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM! "

Just replace fight with ride, run with be-a-puss, enemies with cagers, trees etc

Old 10-09-2007, 09:10 AM
Banned

Life is about risk. You have to learn to manage it. When you ride, you wear your gear. When you drive you wear your seatbelts. Condoms, parachutes, well done chicken, etc.

Start small when it comes to a bike and be careful. After that you'll be as safe as any other person on a bike, 30X more likely to die than if you are in a car.

Old 10-09-2007, 09:28 AM
Retired Moderator

Many good points here. Get the bike, do as these good folks say, and start creating great memories.

Old 10-09-2007, 10:42 AM

we're all gonna die eventually. when its your turn, its your turn. hell, you can die walking down the street....so, live it up while you can. ...but be safe.

'simply because you can breath, doesn't mean you're alive...'
-rise against

Old 10-09-2007, 11:52 AM

ORIGINAL: Daywalk3r187

Sure enough she was and she starts talking about how she was riding and got hit by some car and she had a fractured leg and was sitting in a chair behind the counter.
Can she still walk? I hear alot of stories that are meant to scare you away from something, but a broken bone is a pretty weak story. I have steel plate in my leg from my BMX bike, I heeled and still ride, and on a seperate occasion i was hit by a car while in a cross walk. **** happens, all you can do is take precassions, but you cant live your life in fear of every thing that might hurt you. When people tell me stories like that I bring up statistics about automobil accidents and how every one still rides in cars.

Like the others are saying, Wear your helmet and gear, take the MSF course, and ride like everyone else on the road is a complete moron that you need to look out for.

Old 10-09-2007, 12:03 PM

ORIGINAL: Gville George

Like the others are saying, Wear your helmet and gear, take the MSF course, and ride like everyone else on the road is a complete moron that you need to look out for.
a complete moron? hahah were giving "everyone" too much credit here!

but seriously....riding faster will not get you further away from ALL the cars, just make yourself noticable to the ones around you and you should be good. If people know youre there, they typically wont run into you....

well.....here actually...if you can look through this entire website and dont get queasy, DO NOT buy a bike.
http://home1.gte.net/res0ak9f/bike.htm
watch the videos specifically....the one where the honda blows a tire makes my heart drop cause i've had something similiar happen...

I know some guys on here will say its propaganda....but man honestly....heres what happens in BAD accidents.

not everyone will have one like these, but Idoubt anyoneon this forumcan say theyve ridden more than five years without any incident.

*fixed your quotation*

Old 10-09-2007, 01:08 PM

Thanks to everyone who posted here ur help is greatly appreciated, I have a MSF course set on the weekend of the 19th and hopefully i will pass it,and get my liscense. Hope everyone has a good week

Old 10-09-2007, 01:41 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Daywalk3r187

... my family and I go out to dinner and as we finished and went to go pay i am standing at the counter and the lady behind the desk makes eye contact with me and says "Don't ever get a motorcycle"... I'm like what the hell, is she talking to me? ... I had just a sweat shirt and shorts on nothing that would addentify with riding a motorcycle and here some random girl is telling me not to get a motorcycle a sport bike infact. But this caught me completly off guard and my family was like telling me this is an omen or something ...

There's no way someone randomly out of the blue taking cash for food tells a non rider not to ever ride. Sounds to me like your family knew her story and put her up to telling you that. .05ยข (keep the change)

Quick Reply: Random as S***