Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Random as S***

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 09:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Random as S***

So i will be getting my first bike come spring time and i am very excited to get it and i can't wait. I have been having all good thoughts untill tonight.Tonight my family and I go out to dinner and as we finished and went to go pay i am standing at the counter and the lady behind the desk makes eye contact with me and says "Don't ever get a motorcycle"... I'm like what the hell, is she talking to me? Sure enough she was and she starts talking about how she was riding and got hit by some car and she had a fractured leg and was sitting in a chair behind the counter.I had just a sweat shirt and shorts on nothing thatwould addentify with riding a motorcycle and here some random girl is telling me not toget a motorcycle a sport bike infact.But this caught me completly off guard and my family was like telling me this is an omen or something. I am kind freaked out by this. Lol i know this is random but does anyone else ever had an event like this happen or have any advice. Should i still get a bike.

Old 10-08-2007, 09:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Random as S***

nothing random like that...but you're gonna get the "there was this one guy i know who died" story ALL THE TIME...just your folks lookin out for ya...they're dangerous if you're not smart...

Old 10-08-2007, 09:32 PM

I dont believe in crap like that and superstinchins. Thats living in fear and its bull****. People that believe in that crap need to live in a cave.

Of course if you believe in Christ you're not suppose to believe in that crap.

Old 10-08-2007, 09:36 PM

I get told that im going get hurt everyday. Hasn't effected me.

Old 10-08-2007, 09:37 PM

buy a bike. stunt that ****. always wear pants

Old 10-08-2007, 09:41 PM

I really dont like it when people try to discourage others from riding. Especially by trying to scare them out of it. If you want to ride and you love riding then do it and do it as safely.

Old 10-08-2007, 09:44 PM

Ok yea i will i mean there is nothing u can really do when it is ur time to clockout it is ur time to clockout. Thanks all for the quick posts
John

Old 10-08-2007, 10:01 PM

I always get the call/talk when someone on a bike dies in town. Mmmmmmmmmmmm...........I love to hear about people dieing. Damit, where's my matches. It's bonfire and marshmellow time.

Old 10-08-2007, 10:12 PM

If your a bit spooked by this womens vibe, go back and get the Lotto numbers. I going to be honest here, the chances of you having bingle on your bike are pretty high, your on a learning curve, your bound to make some mistakes, I tell everyone that when I hear that their thinking about starting riding. I also tell them they can minimise their survival rate by taking riding training, spending money on some good riding gear, ride within riding experience & comfort zone (when you think your may be doing something dangerous & stupid, you are), don't speed & never, ever be complacent. Treat everything & everyone on the road as a potential threat. I love riding, its the thing that makes me get out of bed in the morning (that & my dog wanting a walk), People told me the same horror stories back when, I even worked in a rehab center & seen 1st hand wot can happen to people in cars & on bikes (I've also seen wot can happen to someone whose drunk & then walks into a plane propellar, but thats another story altogether) None of this has stopped me from riding, it has however made me a safer rider. Don't let someone else's fear stop you from doing anything you want to do.

Old 10-08-2007, 10:14 PM

It's not an omen, it's a second chance. Had this lady not said anything, you would have continued down a certain path, but now you're thinking more clearly about that path and if you're smart, you'll make the right decision when it comes time---like always wearing your helmet, stopping for little old ladies, whatever...

Definitely get the bike, holy shtt yeah, just take an MSF course first and buy the best helmet you can. And no one thinks it's cool to crash and die, so like the man says, ride like you want to ride tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Random as S***