Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

RAAAGH, overtime!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 02:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RAAAGH, overtime!

i dont know where i'd be without my dad and his bike, you need an endorsement to get insurance, you need insurance to take a bike home, you need a bike to get the endorsement, jeeze! and not everyone will go for the, "Hey! lemme borrow your bike, ride it to the dmv, and possibly i won't be breaking the law when i ride it back". im working every day from 7 to 7, but i have a day off every 2 weeks, on sunday, so i cant get anything done then anyway... thanks a lot! haha anyway, thats enough whining for me, im going fix me some telephones. later everyone

Old 11-16-2005, 03:20 PM
Retired Administrator
Default RE: RAAAGH, overtime!

bad luck, kinda caught in a catch 22. In your case, I'd have to borrow a bike. My states, yes states... oh and va, you have to have a street legal registered bike. So if I couldn't get insurance on it, I could have it registered. The only chance and what it seems like they want you to do is go through the safety course

Old 11-16-2005, 04:03 PM

well, the cb750 is registered and insured, so i have a foot in the door, all i need is some free time and ill get everything started

Old 11-16-2005, 05:06 PM

From what I've gathered between this post and another post, you sound like a hard worker, which is good. But let me tell, you, you've got the rest of your life to work, and it don't get easier. If my memory serves me, you were effected by the hurricanes n stuff right? And that is why your working so much. I hope everything is going well for you. Anyway, the purpose of my post was to give you encouragement because it sounds like you're totally hyped up about working hard to get your new bike, but you might be gettin worn down.

Old 11-16-2005, 06:20 PM

mostly the reason im working so hard is because the overtime isn't optional, they say as long as we have contractors from verizon and sbc and all the other telephone companies working 12 hours a day, we have to do it too, or else someone somewhere will bitch, lol which is good and bad the aggravating part is just in the first month and a half after the storm, i had enough put away to get it outright, all mine, but like you said, all i'm doing is working, so hopefully soon i can take a break, get some rest, and get everything in order and ready to ride.

and hopefully when this is all over, ill have time to go back to university of new orleans, i feel like im missing out on my college experience, lol