Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

R6

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 03:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: R6

ORIGINAL: Juliet

ORIGINAL: Volksdragg

My friend beat me on his 07in a neutral downhill race today, I guess his was heavier and he kinda cheated by trying to pull me offmy bike.
You know what ... a dry chain and low tyre pressures can kill you in a down hill neutral race ... lol ;-)

Jules
Holy smoke!!! I have to remember that next week! for real!

Old 04-28-2008, 04:01 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Juliet

My friend beat me on his 07in a neutral downhill race today, I guess his was heavier and he kinda cheated by trying to pull me offmy bike.
You know what ... a dry chain and low tyre pressures can kill you in a down hill neutral race ... lol ;-)

Jules
Holy smoke!!! I have to remember that next week! for real!

Oh yes... put 50psi in your tyres ... soak the chain ... hold that steering dead straight ... have a full tank of petrol concentrate your mind on the bottom of the hill .. he'll be dead in the water ...lol ;-)

Jules

Old 04-28-2008, 04:07 AM

That's funny! I run 27 psi in my 2CTs because they grip better, doesn't help me due to rolling resistance. We race down a winding road, we hit 60 something MPH. Really fun!

Old 04-28-2008, 09:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A brand new R6 is an incredibly bad choice for a new rider. But it's a lttle late for that lecture.

I was watching the supersport race on Speed Network yesterday, and it was a three-way bettle between Jake Zemke and two guys on R6s. I don't know how closely those bikes resemble the street version, but it was pretty clear that the R6 was faster than the CBR, although Zemke is a better rider and almost pulled it out.

But since probably none of us rides like the professionals, the R6's superiority on the track isn't relevant except for bragging about how fast your bike would be if you really knew how to ride it.

Old 04-28-2008, 12:51 PM
Banned

The only time it becomes relevant is when people who have only ridden them on the street make innacurate claims about them!

In all honesty, I would recommend any new rider ride Red. There is nothing likea Honda in the sense that you can throwa leg over it and immediately feel comfy. Once you're comfy on your bike and content with your instruments/controls - then maybe try another bike.

Build your foundation/fundamentals with a Honda, then tear **** up with the Yamis or other BIg 3. That's honestly why most Honda riders (that have only ridden street) talk other bikes down. Hondas are beginner bikes, imo. And no, I'm not saying only newbs ride Red, I'm saying Honda is moreforgiving to a new riders quirks.

If you have any sort of quirky riding habits, you'll hate bikes from the other Big 3.