Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

PS3 or Xbox360. Still cant decide!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 06:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PS3 or Xbox360. Still cant decide!

Actually there are some backwards compatibility issues. Fable can't hardly play on my box same with a few other games. It's kind of a hit and miss with the compatibility. It doesn't seem l i k e certain games will all work (ie different spinter cells) but a good bit of them do. You've always got your old xbox for them anyways.. a ps3 wouldn't offer any backwards compatibility with those games anyhow.

Old 08-05-2008, 07:22 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

3 Reasons to buy 360 over PS3:

1. Game Selection (with games you actually WANT to play)
2. Xbox Live (movie rentals, game downloads and online gameplay)
3. Achievements (you'll get addicted, really quick)

The only thing I'm buying a PS3 for is that it's the only affordable Blu-ray player out there that has an ethernet connection for updates. THAT'S IT!..........and maybe Gran Turismo 5 (but without achievements, what's the point, really?)

Old 08-05-2008, 08:05 PM

360 the blu ray isnt worth the extra money f the PS3

Old 08-05-2008, 08:22 PM

well i wouldn't pay for online gaming with the 360, if the PS3 is going down in Sept i might go that route. my favorite game for xbox besides Halo is Ninja Gaiden Black, and i think that went over to PS3 as Ninja Gaiden Sigma.....so i dunno. i l ike the 360 for halo, and other reasons.

Old 08-05-2008, 09:42 PM

ps3 all the way!

Old 08-05-2008, 10:30 PM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

3 Reasons to buy 360 over PS3:

1. Game Selection (with games you actually WANT to play)
2. Xbox Live (movie rentals, game downloads and online gameplay)
3. Achievements (you'll get addicted, really quick)

The only thing I'm buying a PS3 for is that it's the only affordable Blu-ray player out there that has an ethernet connection for updates. THAT'S IT!..........and maybe Gran Turismo 5 (but without achievements, what's the point, really?)
Dude I respect your opinion but..., you will have all those items on Playstation 3 too. In couple months, PS3 is coming up with an updated new services and plus they are replacing the current generation consoles with new integrated Wi-Fi, extended hdd etc. consoles AT NO EXTRA COST.

PS3 is offering movies downloadable to your hdd and to the top of that, if you have psp, it will convert the movie and transfer it to your handheld device and you'll be able to watch it anywhere you go, and i think that will be around 1 buck a movie.

And let me paste a good article for you all. I just saw this today that PS3 is using only 30% of its system power !?

Now blue ray offers huge data storage + today ps3 is using only 30% of its system power = ??? do the math.

Read it here

Old 08-06-2008, 01:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: thisismyacct

Actually there are some backwards compatibility issues. Fable can't hardly play on my box same with a few other games. It's kind of a hit and miss with the compatibility. It doesn't seem l i k e certain games will all work (ie different spinter cells) but a good bit of them do. You've always got your old xbox for them anyways.. a ps3 wouldn't offer any backwards compatibility with those games anyhow.
Well, I just meant that all the Xbox's are the same regarding BC. You are right, not all games work.

Old 08-06-2008, 05:58 PM

ORIGINAL: QuickNDeadly

Dude I respect your opinion but..., you will have all those items on Playstation 3 too. In couple months, PS3 is coming up with an updated new services and plus they are replacing the current generation consoles with new integrated Wi-Fi, extended hdd etc. consoles at no extra cost.

Whats do you mean?

Old 08-06-2008, 06:11 PM

Sooooooo much fanboyism in here.

I own both and they both suck in there own ways.

The 360 wins on streaming video cause the PS3 only plays 2 of my 30 divx movies.

Ps3 wins on music playing

PS3 still looses on games cuase **** still isnt coming out for it. Dont give me bull**** about it.

Bluray, ya still dont want to pay $30 for a movie (ya I know theres a thing called the internet), sucks at upscaling dvd's cause if ****ing wont upscale anything copyrighted...........um thats ****ing everything. Stupid message.

360 wins on not ha.ving to install every ****ing thing thats inserted into it.

Only 30-40%......Hmmmmmmmmmm really. Ya but it puts out more heat than my bike. My dam room turns into a sonna faster than just with my PC thats has its own eletric bill.

Old 08-06-2008, 11:31 PM

ORIGINAL: rangerscott

Sooooooo much fanboyism in here.

I own both and they both suck in there own ways.

The 360 wins on streaming video cause the PS3 only plays 2 of my 30 divx movies.

Ps3 wins on music playing

PS3 still looses on games cuase **** still isnt coming out for it. Dont give me bull**** about it.

Bluray, ya still dont want to pay $30 for a movie (ya I know theres a thing called the internet), sucks at upscaling dvd's cause if ****ing wont upscale anything copyrighted...........um thats ****ing everything. Stupid message.

360 wins on not ha.ving to install every ****ing thing thats inserted into it.

Only 30-40%......Hmmmmmmmmmm really. Ya but it puts out more heat than my bike. My dam room turns into a sonna faster than just with my PC thats has its own eletric bill.

dude why didn't you get an xbox and install an Xecuter mod on it. It will play any kind of file from divx movies to .flv file format or quicktime, any sound file, play any arcade or old console games, check the weather, watch youtube on tv or just browse the internet

since neither of those consoles satisfy your needs, just pull the zipper and grab the hidden joystick ! damn!

Quick Reply: PS3 or Xbox360. Still cant decide!