Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Preventing a foggy shield in a full-face helmet

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 11:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Preventing a foggy shield in a full-face helmet

I've been thinking about getting one of these neck curtains but someone on another site mentioned the possibility of fogging up the shield (which makes sense.)

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produc...fCatId=&mmyId=

Have any of you used one of these products to prevent fogging? What is your opinion of it? Thanks.

Old 09-25-2006, 12:49 PM
Default RE: Preventing a foggy shield in a full-face helmet

I use the Fog City insert and they are awesome! I have one in my clear and my smoked shield. The sprays don't do anything from what I've seen.

Old 09-25-2006, 01:49 PM

I have a scarf that works well and keeps my neck warm its from Columbia....and its doesnt fog my shield....

Old 09-25-2006, 02:19 PM

RainX no fog spray does nothing. A simple scarf works great, but, if ya wanna spend the money, the little vent shield works.

Tylor

Old 09-25-2006, 03:48 PM

I would like to know if the neck wrap would be a good idea as well. It would be nice to block the wind from coming into the helmet on those cold mornings.

Old 09-25-2006, 04:00 PM

I have a Shoei RF1000 and mine came with two things that I now love. I just found out what the heck they are for last week by the way. The first is something that goes right behind the front vent and covers up your nose and cheeks. It prevents your breath from going up and fogging up the face shield. A guy in my first class told me what it was he asked why I didn't use it and I told him I didn't know wtf it was. hahaha The second is something that goes underneath your helmet kind of like those neck things only it doesn't cover your neck. It prevents the freezing cold 50 degree air from coming up into the helmet from the bottom. My neck still gets a little cold but atleast my eyes don't get dried out or my face freezes. Both of those things came with my helmet and now I can't live without them on my way to class at 7am in the morning. I recommend both. =) Well, unless it's really hot out then all that wind blowing feels good and your shield won't fog up.

Mike