Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

present to myself

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 08:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: present to myself

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw

Is that a 954 upper? Looks like it! Could be wrong, and I probably am...

Nice bike!
Nope the 954RR has a sharper "smile" than that one, it is a 929 fairing.

Ok, First thing I would do is cut down that pipe cause it sticks WAAAAYYYY to far out there. Other than that its a sweet bike.
Congrats!!

Old 12-25-2007, 09:02 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

i would love to have a shorty exhaust on here to replace the cannon but this is WAYYYYYY better then the stock can ! and i got it basically bnrand new for a bill.

and im thinking about paiting her all white , bronze rims , cf accents and bronze shorty levers and rear sets.

thats the plan anyways but well see where she ends up

Old 12-25-2007, 09:15 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow... very nice!! CONGRATS!! Good luck with the new toy...

LOL you go through more bikes than anybody I know [sm=smiley36.gif]

Old 12-26-2007, 02:52 AM

good looking bike, and i like your color scheme idea.

Old 12-26-2007, 08:29 AM

Looks like a nice project. I think the all white idea is a good one. Keep us posted on the updates. I also agree that the undertail is not the best looking one on the market and the stock taillight would look better.

Old 12-26-2007, 08:57 AM
Registered Users

alright HAVOC....you can keep her, but only under one condition...you can't abandon the good 'ol 600 section....if you skip out...why i'll......

congrats by the way...keep us updated on her transformation...can't wait to see it when she's done!

Old 12-26-2007, 12:34 PM

are you missing one front rotor and caliper??

Old 01-19-2008, 11:37 PM

ok here is an update ...

got a front rotor from arthur (old dogg)along with a fairing stay and tail light for unbelievable price ! got that all installed. got rid of the fiberglass fairings sold those for $100 plus a oem wind screen from the same guy who sold me the chm exhaust for only $100 so i gave him a good deal too. then i picked up a set of oem fairings from a local salvage yard for $140. that included an upper, both mids and lowersalso a front tire hugger. some minor damage but nothing that isnt fixable. only problem is that they were black/yellow scheme (there is nothign wrongwith that scheme just not my taste so calm down brothers haha) so fixed most of the damage , sanded and painted really quick.got the electrical in the tail finished FINALLY. got my puig double bubble installed.

all that is left for the bike to be road worthy is bleed the front brakes, put air in the tires, get some gas and put the front cowl back on and bolt on the seats. and get front turn signals

Name:  HPIM1879.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  98.7 KB
Name:  HPIM1878.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  110.7 KB

and now

Name:  HPIM1916.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  83.0 KB

Name:  HPIM1909.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  76.2 KB
Name:  HPIM1930.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  123.2 KB

Old 04-04-2008, 11:52 PM

so i finally got around to taking some new pixs (not because of bad weather but because i've been on the bike too much lol j/k)

i still have some things to really bring the bike together like get the undertail painted/ swapped back to oem. paint the rims , paint the gas tank...etc

and this is the basis for my creation

Old 04-05-2008, 12:03 AM

its been alot of hard work getting her back in rideable condition and to tell ya the truth there were quite a few times i thought that i might've made a mistake by giving up my f4i for a bike that wasn't rideable when i got her. but in the end it was well worth it.

2 months and 1k $ later you get what you see above. see needed new fairing stay, left rotor, body work, windscreen, new forks, mirrors, exhaust and new stator cover. could still use a few other pieces but its all good right now all cosmetic.

i went through 2 different sets of bodywork before finding these abs plastic replicas for $200 on CL. put a new front end on the bike (new front rim,forks,brake calipers,lower triple) all for $500 and sold of the pieces that were still good to make back my money. and i've bought and sold multiple parts to members from this forum (artdog,bwashington,rzabandit) and used the money to buy other parts that i needed. so all in all i only spent 1,000 on her and the guy i traded my f4i too gave me 500 along with the bike for the trade so $500 out of my own pocket is a great deal to me. clean title, under 8 k miles when i got it. clutch and tranny are perfect. no frame damage.

so anyone who is thinking about buying a bike that may look like this

just know that as long as the bike itself is solid it can really make for an awesome deal .

Quick Reply: present to myself