Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Praise for Administration

Old 12-15-2005, 08:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Praise for Administration

ALL of you do a great job!!! Cant always please everyone.[sm=smiley32.gif]

Old 12-15-2005, 08:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Praise for Administration

i concur....but the admins know what's up...

Old 12-15-2005, 08:23 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We do what we can but hey, nobody's perfect. My main reason to be here is to save money on parts ... er, help out others Ya, that's it.

This place is an excellent forum for exchanging information and helping out and there's room for everyone. All I ask is that if you have an issue -- please PM a moderator or Patrick and find a solution in private. Things tend to explode on an internet forum and feelings get hurt over issues that really aren't important.

Old 12-15-2005, 09:17 PM

let me address a few issues.

first off, the purpose of this forum is to help fellow CBR riders and enthusiasts, not to channel enthusiasts and riders to another forum. we have enough people here who really know their stuff that it is not necessary to ship members off to other forums. sure, everyone here knows that there are lots of other forums, and im sure pretty much every member here belongs to another forum, hell, i belong to about 50 of them.

in the world of the forums, there is a person called a spammer. this person goes from his or her forum, to another, and is only there to repeatedly name drop their forum, to try to "steal" members, so to speak. in order to prevent things of this nature, we do not like when members post links to other forums, as that looks bad to new members, and to the vendors who pay to advertise here, which is what keeps CBRForum.com free to its members.

the guidelines set forth by the owner of the forum, which are what the modertors and i go by, state that to make it "fair" to spammers, we remove posts that direct members to other forums. the moderator who is in the spotlight here was acting on those guidelines, and was only doing as said guidelines ask.

I apologize for any inconvinience that this has caused, and anyone who has an issue with, or a quetion about, the rules, is encouraged to PM me, and i will discuss it further. Several of my forums have adapted a new set of rules with the growing size, and it was an error on my part to not update the posted rules here. When you sign up, there are rules that new members ar "required" to read, and they can be viewed here: www.CBRForum.com/rules.asp . I have now updated the posted rules in accordance with the link.

thank you.

Old 12-16-2005, 08:02 AM

Ditto on the praise it all runs smooth as silk,

Old 12-16-2005, 10:04 AM
Muz

Yeah congrats, you guys do a good job

Old 12-16-2005, 10:28 AM
Retired Mod

yes. good job to all. by the way, how many administrators/moderators are out there?

Old 12-16-2005, 10:35 AM

I also agree. I have been apart of many forums over the last few years and I think this one is one of the best run I have ever seen.

Old 12-16-2005, 11:20 AM
Retired Administrator

I love this forum... I left other forums because of arguing and immature members. I never paid them much attention, but after a while... most of the threads are the same two or three guys arguing back and forth. That's why I'm here. I like the members here and have even made a couple friends. I'm also honored that the admins and other mods asked me to join their team.

Old 12-16-2005, 01:28 PM

well, the admins are amanda and myself...
the moderators are neonspeedrt, chainstretcher, neebelung (sorry if i spelled that wrong), and doncollins.