Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Poor Weather...

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 12:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poor Weather...

Just picked up my bike tuesday and finally got around to registering it so I could ride it on the street. The weather tuesday, wednesday, and thursday was really nice, but the day I get the bike registered the weather has to be nasty out.

Although it's not raining (yet) it's overcast out and the humidity is 96% with a slight chance of rain showers. And to make it worse, tomorrow is supposed to have the same weather conditions

Old 11-30-2007, 12:13 PM
Default RE: Poor Weather...

[sm=boosign.gif]Get a grip, you can ride in the rain all day. Come up here and ride on snow/ice in below freezing weather and tell me how bad you have it![sm=headbang.gif]

I'm hoping that the snow around my area thaws out enough so that the parking lot next to my place will be rideable for stuntin in the next few weeks. Where are you located to have it so good that you can wear a single layer of clothing?

Old 11-30-2007, 12:28 PM

Florida [8D]

I've been riding most of the morning, and will probably ride it to work in a little bit. Just sucks that the whole week has been nice and sunny, then the day I get it registered the weather sucks.

Old 11-30-2007, 12:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Right onNorthern!

Here's what we have to look forward to tomorrow!
Saturday[/align]Cloudy. Chance of light snow in the morning...then light snow likely in the afternoon. Snow accumulation of 3 to 4 inches. Highs 15 to 20. East winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 70 percent.[/align][/align]Oh well - Almost was able to ride into December - I put my bike away on Thanksgiving - must be the latest riding season in the history of northern North Dakota! - Now I'll just hope for a warm March to pull it back out...[/align][/align]As for rain, from my few times out in it, rain isn't all that bad, but watch for puddles and beware other drivers. Sad to say, the 2 accidents I've been in (in my cages, and both unfortunately my fault) were in parking lots during rain - it really downs your visibility and perception - Luckily no injuries other than a few body panels =-) - Hell I was barely moving in both of them.[/align]

Old 11-30-2007, 12:31 PM

Yeah, that your buddy Murphys Law for ya. Just be carefull not to spill on any of those snow...oops, I mean, sand drifts

Old 11-30-2007, 12:44 PM

Rain is only an option for me personally if I get caught out. And that has happened many times.

Snow? On a new sport bike...stay indoors would be my advice.

Where there is snow there is usally ice.

Old 11-30-2007, 12:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rain shouldn't be a problem.Be careful for thefew minutes when the rain starts falling, until it floats away all the oil that has accumulated, and assume that cagers will be even more oblivious to your presence than usual. Otherwise, you're good to go.

If the MotoGP riders can drag elbow and open up to 170 mph in the rain, I can sure ride to work.

Old 11-30-2007, 12:53 PM

ORIGINAL: Munson

Rain shouldn't be a problem.Be careful for thefew minutes when the rain starts falling, until it floats away all the oil that has accumulated, and assume that cagers will be even more oblivious to your presence than usual. Otherwise, you're good to go.

If the MotoGP riders can drag elbow and open up to 170 mph in the rain, I can sure ride to work.
Rain would be ok if:

1. Cagers were ordered off the road.

2. 2 second yellow lights and quota cops waiting nearby were non-existant.

3. Everyone had the skill of a GP rider.

4. GP riders ride on race tracks...which give 10 times the grip of public roads.

5. They also have special..super soft rain tires...not available to the public for mass consumption.

Old 11-30-2007, 04:30 PM

plus, coming into work on a friday, soaking wet....just doesn't sound like a good way to start the weekend.

Old 11-30-2007, 07:07 PM

Hey, if you nothern guys don't like riding in the cold you could always.......move farther south.

I could ride in the rain, (it's pouring here today), but we have enough nice days I just don't feel like it. Riding in the rain's not bad, it's just not.......preferable. Although, I guess if I was cooped up during the winter I'd probably feel like getting the hell out of the house whether there was snow, slush, rain, or whatever.

The moto GP guys are paid to ride in the rain, if I were paid I'd do it too. Somehow cruisin along on the bike and passing someone (like myself) who loves to drive through deep water and see how far they can get the water to shoot out from their vehicle.....just doesn't sound fun to me. And that's why I ride, cause I love it! I want to have fun in the process.

plus, coming into work on a friday, soaking wet....just doesn't sound like a good way to start the weekend.
^^agreed

Quick Reply: Poor Weather...