Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Politics and Religion and CBRForum

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 05:37 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Politics and Religion and CBRForum

I know that the topic header says "... to boldly go off topic. almost anything goes." Well, as of now "anything" doesn't include threads discussing politics or political issues (except maybe for motorcycle related legislation) or the discussion of religion or religious issues. I can't think of any religious/bike related discussions other than maybe "I prayed that the cop wouldn't give me a ticket."

Just like with ****, there are plenty of places on the web to find discussions on these issues. It's just not a necessity for a bike site. Too much bickering in these types of threads.

I appreciate your cooperation.

Chainstretcher

Old 04-08-2006, 08:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Politics and Religion and CBRForum

WOW.....then whats the point of calling it Off Topic, kinda defeats the purpose!

Old 04-08-2006, 08:42 AM

I know how hard it must be to try and decide how to handle these types of issues. I've seen different forums go different ways. I've seen this issue pretty much destroy some sites and almost always run some members off and cause hard feelings. [:'(]

Glad I'm not an administrator or moderator. Good luck!

Old 04-08-2006, 02:30 PM

sorry guys....[>:]

Old 04-08-2006, 09:37 PM

Damn, I sould have copied the picture of the faces.

Old 04-08-2006, 10:53 PM

Maybe we should be able to voice our opinions[sm=americanasmiley.gif]( you know what opinions are like?) and not our hard core beliefs[sm=badidea.gif] cuase it gets every body in a [sm=shootshoot.gif]mood

Old 04-09-2006, 03:00 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: city worker

Maybe we should be able to voice our opinions[sm=americanasmiley.gif]( you know what opinions are like?) and not our hard core beliefs[sm=badidea.gif] cuase it gets every body in a [sm=shootshoot.gif]mood
You are allowed to voice your opinions as long as you're respectful of other people ... just not on political or religious type threads. Most forums I've scouted out don't allow these issues either so it shouldn't be that much of a shock. If you guys just must talk politics then I suggest using the PM function to set up a nice chat room where you can exchange points of view till your ears bleed. Heck, I might even join in sometime if asked. Just not on CBRForum.

Old 04-09-2006, 07:07 PM

I think this is completely fair. There's a time and a place for everything. There are so many political forums out there that you can find a lively discussion anywhere. I love discussing politics, I'm very passionate about my political beliefs. But it doesn't seem appropriate to me to spill them in the CBRForum. I'll do it somewhere else.

Old 04-09-2006, 08:26 PM

Sorry if I came across like an a$$ I was buzzed[sm=partyparty.gif] when I posted that.........he! he! he!, you guys will have to get me for drunk and posting[sm=sorry.gif]

Old 04-10-2006, 10:26 AM

I agree... there are plenty of other places on the 'net to discuss these issues, and let's face it - there's ALWAYS someone who will be offended by someone expressing their "opinion." It's best to just not open the can of worms at all, and keep the tone here friendly and informative.

Quick Reply: Politics and Religion and CBRForum