Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Politics....

Old 01-07-2008, 05:36 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Politics....

I generally avoid the discussion of politics like the plague. Maybe it's because I'm a little older now and more concerned with the way we are heading as a nation. Maybe I'm starting to get scared of erasing our borders or being "tagged" with an RFID chip. Who knows. The problem with politics is that you really don't know what (or who) the candidate is going to do in office.

I was reading some tidbits about Ron Paul improving in the polls where other candidates are losing ground. So, I was wondering if anyone knows anything about this guy. He seems to have a sensibilities that tend to be lacking in so many people of late, but I really don't know anything about him. I guess the same can be said for Barrack Obama.

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Please keep this thread from being a hate thread. I'm looking for sensible comments.

Old 01-07-2008, 06:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Politics....

ORIGINAL: woo545

I generally avoid the discussion of politics like the plague. Maybe it's because I'm a little older now and more concerned with the way we are heading as a nation. Maybe I'm starting to get scared of erasing our borders or being "tagged" with an RFID chip. Who knows. The problem with politics is that you really don't know what (or who) the candidate is going to do in office.

I was reading some tidbits about Ron Paul improving in the polls where other candidates are losing ground. So, I was wondering if anyone knows anything about this guy. He seems to have a sensibilities that tend to be lacking in so many people of late, but I really don't know anything about him. I guess the same can be said for Barrack Obama.

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Please keep this thread from being a hate thread. I'm looking for sensible comments.

I agree with both Ron Paul and Barack. I usually don't voice it because everyone has their beliefs and you really won't convince anyone of something they don't have an open mind about.

As with all politics, you have to chose the lesser of two evils. No candidate will ever fit 100% into your beliefs and you really have to be the judge of the person's character. They're all going to lie to you at some point and do something you don't agree with.

http://www.barackobama.com/tv/

His history is actually pretty interesting. We watched a speech of his in my public speaking class. Sounds like he had to work his way up.

I'll be on the edge between Ron Paul and Barack. They both seem like decent people.

Old 01-07-2008, 09:57 AM
Banned

Politics are interesting as we get older because sports and sitcoms become so boring. But when it comes who to vote for, it is hard to vote for who would be best for the 'me' versus who would be best 'for the country'. Maybe the real question, is 'what is the goal of thecountry?'. Is it raising the standard of living for the poor? Is is spreading democracy? Is the USA mearly a haven for large multi-national Corporations? Since we all are of different demographics, maybe we have to figure out where we want/expect the USA to be in 8 years and then get the person to do that.

My guess is that the average person (me included) couldn't even get that list even partially complete.

Old 01-07-2008, 12:17 PM

I'm for Ron Paul. I've known about him for awhile. I like the fact that he supports isolationism and gold standard backing again. Id like to see Ron Paul vs Obama. But what I would really like is a third party canadiate that is a top runner. That hasn't happened in like 100 years.

Old 01-07-2008, 12:45 PM
Retired Moderator

I think Diz posted up a Youtube on Ron Paul. I really like what he has to say. Seems like there are always pretty limited choices. Usually I chose who appears to have the smallest foot.

Old 01-07-2008, 06:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Politics is a dirty game. For a long time I've not trusted anyone, that is until Dr. Ron Paul. My son brought him to my attention. A lot more buzz on him out of the mainstream media, the internet is about it. He is shunned in network TV.Most of what congress has passed in the past 50 years is crap that they don't have the constitutional power to put into law. Ron Paul calls them on it. He is known as "DR NO" in congress. His basic, unwaivering platform has always been pure adherance to the US Constitution, remember all of them take an oath to that!
So if you believe in states rights, that the government is not there to take care of you from cradle to grave, and to take up arms in war in must be declared by congress, Dr. Ron is your man.

Old 01-07-2008, 09:23 PM
RCR

Old 01-07-2008, 09:32 PM

Ron Paul is a registered republican. And being Independant is definantly not a wasted vote. You might consider it a wasted vote because the independent candiate never wins but the amount of independent votes do effect the out come of the president. Candiate A is a Demo, Candiate B is a Repo, and Candiate C is independent. A might have 45% of the vote B might have 40% and C will have 15%. Although A didn't have the majority he still won. What would have happened if B got 6% of C's votes? Get the point.

Old 01-07-2008, 09:34 PM
RCR

^^^ that was in regards to me ^^^^^
I deleted what I wrote hoping no one saw it before I did it[:@]

Old 01-07-2008, 09:36 PM

MUAHAHA[sm=yeahsmile.gif]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Politics....