Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Police code question

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 11:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Police code question

Oh, headed in the other direction... Yea, he just wanted to F with you. Some riders prolly pissed him off earlier or the day before.

Old 06-04-2008, 01:25 AM

ORIGINAL: MikeInCtown

Oh, headed in the other direction... Yea, he just wanted to F with you. Some riders prolly pissed him off earlier or the day before.
Lol, you guys are great. Ever think for a minute maybe he got a call in the other direction, turned around then got 22'd and saw him, thus deciding to pull him over for the improper tag placement?

Old 06-04-2008, 04:29 AM

As someone who stops motorcycles for this offense on a regular basis its actually quite simple not much different then a car passing in the opposite direction. A motorcycle passes you once passed you look in your mirror and realize ok I can see a tag displayed ( of course you can not read it). Or on the other hand a motorcycle passes you look in your mirror and do not see a tag, now you turn around and stop the motorcycle. Here in Florida if the tag is at an angle or inverted, not displayed like your car tag with the letters and numbers being read from left to right, then you can be stopped.
RBrandon there is no devise that reads tags going in the opposite direction, its all about just seeing them visibly. It is impossible to read a tag ( car, bike, truck, etc) going in the opposite direction. I'm sure that was not an issue in your stop. Like I said the cop passed could not clearly see that you had a tag displayed and stop you. I don't see much more to it.
I have to disagree with others, it does not seem like bull**** and I do not think the cop wanted to F with you as others said.
To me this seems like a simple traffic offense turned complicated due to somes lack of knowledge of state law, no offense intended not to be taken as an attack or insult to anyone, and some feelings that cops only screw with sportbikes.