Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

**** planning group rides/activities!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 08:38 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: **** planning group rides/activities!!!

I use to ride with a really good bunch of guys back in OR. The requirement was that you can ride responsibly in the group (offset and not too close). They were a good group to ride with because on major roads or roads that were heavily patrolled, they kept things reasonable. When off those roads, then it was time to have fun. There were fast and slow riders, we would just make predetermined meeting points throughout the ride to make sure everyone was ok. As far as the excessive engine reving... guess it is like a$$holes. Everyone has one.

Old 07-08-2008, 08:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: jaynd

man it seems like everyone i meet in the county rides like that....besides the small group i trust.

this is going to be a bikenight that i try to do EVERY single monday at Chipotle. my g/f wasnt able to make it to this one, but if the next one is anything like this i will refuse to have her riding around people like that, i'll go to the bikenight that i created, then i'll ride home w/ my g/f.........**** riding around like its a race.
Where in MD do you live? I'm in Arlington, VA for the summer and have met up with and rode some guys around the DC area and have had a couple similar experiences with idiotic riders, but have rode with some really cool guys too. Are you on dcsportbikes.net?

Old 07-08-2008, 09:11 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah brandon, im on dcsportbikes (same name as here). wouldnt mind meeting up w/ ya! google map Lexington Park MD, 20653....im sure im a good distance from you , haha.

and shoortbus, i too ride mainly solo...other than one friend w/ the 1k RR. i trust his riding and he does the same w/ me. i dont mind hauling *** on back roads, but i when i look down and im doing 80 in a 45 and people are quickly pulling away from me on an open road and a sherrif drives by........thats when i turn off!

Old 07-08-2008, 03:15 PM

you could always try it again in 30 years and see if they have grown up.

Old 07-08-2008, 03:26 PM

i'd have to hope some of them make it that long, at the rate they're going...................

Old 07-08-2008, 03:34 PM

I've been on one group ride, and unless I can find a few people that don't ride like douches, I don't plan on doing it again. I almost never ride under the limit, but riding from point A to B and averaging 130mph there is just plain stupid. A group of riders all trying to pass a car around a blind turn at double the speed limit is stupid. Riding by a truck and kicking the door is stupid (a kid did it on the group ride I mentioned). I'd rather ride to enjoy myself and, in the process, respect other people on the roads, thank you very much.

Like I said, unless I can find a group of safe riders around here, I'll stick to riding by myself. I know where my limits are and I know how far I can push myself. If I'm going to wreck, I'd rather it be because I highsided on some shale around a turn rather than because I was trying to catch up with a group of a**holes.

Old 07-09-2008, 01:43 AM

Sorry about your experience Jaynd. I have the same fear. I almost went on one I saw on dcsportbikes.net cuz I talked to someone going on it first and they said it was going to be a fun but not stupid pace, but I had to work that night and slept in. I'm sure you remember the post. We gotta go riding one of these days, I'm just so freakin busy lately

Old 07-09-2008, 02:10 AM
July 2008 ROTM

You all need to come to Milwaukee for some excellent group rides and get-togethers.

Here's a great one from early June:

Old 07-09-2008, 03:42 AM

wow Aken, thats awesome! THAT is what i'd like mine to turn into, idk.....its cool though, a little something i've started and im already hearing other bikers talking about it and telling others to show up there.

yesterday i went riding w/ a small group of some people who were there monday and i told them I WAS leading, lol.....backroads we went , and well.......seems those guys who were blasting around so fast in a straight line couldntcorner worth a damn, hell.....my g/f can twist her wrist and hit triple digits . its all good though, riding your own ride, i guess.

well, i'll see how this coming monday goes. they were told yesteday to chill out w/ the rev'ing and excessive speeding.

and Steve, excuses excuses......hahhaahaha, just playing brother! Shy on DCsportbikes is going to be getting another big ride going and cookout at his house soon i believe, he said a "crab run"........maybe you can make that.

Old 07-09-2008, 03:47 AM

See you're on the .com though, and I'm on .net

I don't know why really, but I like the layout there better. They have a frederick run again this Friday going on, but I think I may be at Kings Dominion for Kings Fest. I asked them to change it to Saturday.

Quick Reply: **** planning group rides/activities!!!