Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Pissin contest on my 4x4 forum. Hurry before it gets locked

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 07:46 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Pissin contest on my 4x4 forum. Hurry before it gets locked

Gas companies don't lie to us, because they don't have to.

As long as we keep on buying 6.0 liter V8 pickup trucks as daily drivers, they have no need to lie. It's supply and demand, and we as American's are demanding it in high volume. (We're the largest oil-consuming country in the world........and that's a fact.)

And it's a culture thing if we're honest. The American Culture (for the majority of American's) is that big, bad and loud is in (the reason Harley Davidson is so popular here). In England, small and fuel-efficient is the cultural norm, and that's why they have small cars with 1.6 liter diesel engines that get better than 50 mpg. And because we buy cars and trucks with big V8's that get 13 mpg, It's one more reason why the world views American's as comical punch-lines. We do things and make choices that have no real reason or practicality to them. (more often than other countries that is).

Now I'm not bashing America in any sense, I'm just saying that for some reason, our Culture says that Trucks and Cars with big V8 engines is what's in, even though gas prices continue to hang around the $3.00/gallon mark.

One view on the matter anyway.

Old 01-31-2008, 08:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

Gas companies don't lie to us, because they don't have to.

As long as we keep on buying 6.0 liter V8 pickup trucks as daily drivers, they have no need to lie. It's supply and demand, and we as American's are demanding it in high volume. (We're the largest oil-consuming country in the world........and that's a fact.)

And it's a culture thing if we're honest. The American Culture (for the majority of American's) is that big, bad and loud is in (the reason Harley Davidson is so popular here). In England, small and fuel-efficient is the cultural norm, and that's why they have small cars with 1.6 liter diesel engines that get better than 50 mpg. And because we buy cars and trucks with big V8's that get 13 mpg, It's one more reason why the world views American's as comical punch-lines. We do things and make choices that have no real reason or practicality to them. (more often than other countries that is).

Now I'm not bashing America in any sense, I'm just saying that for some reason, our Culture says that Trucks and Cars with big V8 engines is what's in, even though gas prices continue to hang around the $3.00/gallon mark.

One view on the matter anyway.

+1 to all this.

Old 01-31-2008, 08:06 PM
VP

I'm not gonna get into a huge arguement about who's right or wrong as far as consumption goes, but there's no chance in hell you can convince me that the bastards who own the oil companies aren't completely screwing us over by lying about the quantity of oil available

Old 01-31-2008, 08:13 PM
Friend and Hero ...

How about let's just stick to the facts the CEO of BP was interviewed last year and was asked, how come most all petroleum companiesare posting record profits. Especially his I am paraphrasing here for the most part, but his answer was. I am not accountable to the general public, only to the stockholders and Board of Directors of BP. We are in the business of turning a profit at all cost.

Old 01-31-2008, 08:32 PM

Heres what gass gets you!

Old 01-31-2008, 08:37 PM

There's no reason for fuel prices to be $3+/gal, no matter what we drive and how much we use. Yes its supply and demand but have you ever heard of inflation?

Old 01-31-2008, 08:41 PM

ORIGINAL: D2DGraphix_600RR

Like I said.......

Old 01-31-2008, 08:53 PM

Too bad the oil companies are using reserves they got years back and are charging us prices of years ago... you wonder why they are billions in profit every year and people are complaining he was stealing, roffles.

Old 01-31-2008, 09:05 PM

http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/...ney_drevil.jpg

Old 01-31-2008, 09:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: D2DGraphix_600RR

DAAAAAMMMMNNNN!!!!!
[sm=jawdrop.gif]

Quick Reply: Pissin contest on my 4x4 forum. Hurry before it gets locked